IMU calibration will not work after todays official update

Reaction score
Hi All

I have just completed the official update on my P4 and it said that I had to calibrate the imu. I did that but it will not finish. The progress bar gets almost to the end and it stays there. Does the drone have to be on a flat surface all the way through the calibration as when the calibration starts there is a photo of the drone right next to the progress bar which is sitting flat but when the progress bar gets near the end the photo of the drone turns almost sideways. Can anyone help me on this please.

I had the same problem as I didn't notice the subtle shades and lines on my iPhone 6+ with the graphics. You need to sit it flat on its legs facing you for the first step, then tilt it over on each side for the next four steps and lastly flip it on its roof for the final step. Had me confused until one of the guys on the forum chipped in with the answer.

Does the drone have to be on a flat surface all the way through the calibration as when the calibration starts
If you really have a P4, the drone must remain on a level surface throughout the entire IMU calibration process. Here's a video showing how it's done:

When the calibration process finishes, you'll see a message prompting you to restart the drone -- like this:

DJI-GO-P4-IMU-Successfully-Calibrated-Message.jpg

If you really have a P4, the drone must remain on a level surface throughout the entire IMU calibration process. Here's a video showing how it's done:

When the calibration process finishes, you'll see a message prompting you to restart the drone -- like this:

View attachment 85105

That's the old calibration procedure, the latest firmware has changed that process DRASTICALLY.

The new calibration has a 6 step process. You have to change the position of the P4 according to the position shown in the app. Otherwise the P4 will not complete the calibration.

the latest firmware has changed that process DRASTICALLY
Right -- there is a new calibration process if running firmware 2.00.0106 (or later). DJI has not documented this process for the P4 yet, but it works just like this:

When calibrating the Phantom in each step, the back lights will be solid yellow. When they start flashing green, the Phantom should be moved to the next position (as shown in the DJI GO app). It's kind of a confusing process since the app makes it look likes it's calibrating -- meanwhile, it's waiting for the Phantom's position to be changed so it can continue.

That is exactly the way it must be done!! If you follow the pics in the app you don't have to worry about the light color! The app will tell you when to reposition the P4!

Have updated firmware, followed all directions calibrated IMU and compass all good took it for a test flight today all good

View attachment 85105
Thanks for this...simple HOW TO to follow.

My brand new refurb P4 says I need to recalibrate the IMU. I went through the process, it sat for 10 minutes and never got past step 1.of 6. In the video someone posted, they did their's indoors. I had mine setup on the dining room table. Any idea if it can be done inside? or does it have to be done outside? I know some people calibrate their's outside. Also, I turned off Beginner Mode, but it still limits altitude to about 97' and the same for horizontal distance. What's up with that? Thanks!

I do had the same type of issue today. Went to a new place where needed to calibrate imu but when started doing it, I found out the calibration process is not syncing with aircraft and remote. It was updating as it is a video not following the aircraft position t time of the process.

My brand new refurb P4 says I need to recalibrate the IMU. I went through the process, it sat for 10 minutes and never got past step 1.of 6.
Try calibrating the IMU like this:

Any idea if it can be done inside? or does it have to be done outside?
It'll be easier to find a level surface indoors. It could be done outdoors though.

it still limits altitude to about 97' and the same for horizontal distance
Check out this post.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl