It probably makes no difference doing IMU as I do ... but as I say - it cannot be bad to take that extra bit of care.

Nigel

Well yes, i have done most of my IMU calibrations indoors but most important is a level surfarce (even pulled out the spirit level) ha..cheers.

I used to do my IMU indoors ... never had any problem, but the line showing Compass always had me thinking ..

Nigel

Often a stuck IMU will be revealed by the sensor screen in the DJI GO app- all values should read zero (or very close) with the obvious exception of the z axis which is constantly acted on by gravity. The IMU values give you a clue as to which way to gently but firmly tap the AC to unstick the IMU.

You guys literally weren’t joking about smacking it on the battery three good times I tried it and now it’s working thank God for you guys

Reactions: Alan Russel
You guys literally weren’t joking about smacking it on the battery three good times I tried it and now it’s working thank God for you guys
Really, we were just making it up, there is no way that can work... ;)

Glad it did. :D

I have only seen this talked about maybe three times.
Thanks for sharing.

My vote they have to be mechanical, otherwise they wouldn't do what a Gyro does.

Rod

I would think the gyros are solid state. I'm guessing the fan gets stuck. Do you hear a whine when you power up?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik