IMU calibration query

Reaction score
Ive just got my new phantom 3 advanced ive had to update to the newest firmware and ive read you should always do an IMU calibration either after you update firmware and if its new, is this correct? Ive had a p2v+ and i know with that some people suggested leaving the imu calibration alone as it can cause more harm then good.So do I or dont I?

Ive just got my new phantom 3 advanced ive had to update to the newest firmware and ive read you should always do an IMU calibration either after you update firmware and if its new, is this correct? Ive had a p2v+ and i know with that some people suggested leaving the imu calibration alone as it can cause more harm then good.So do I or dont I?

Definitely do each calibration after installing new firmware. Make sure the unit has been off for several hours so the unit is cold. If you live in a warmer climate, you may want to give it a quick chill in front of the AC (not in the fridge) just prior to updating. Setup the controller, app, and be prepared to start the calibration immediately after the P3 connects to the app. Make sure you also know where to find the start calibration button so that you can start the calibration as quickly as possible.

While it sounds tedious to make sure the unit is as cold as possible, it has been proven to produce a superior IMU calibration.

I can do it next to an ice cold Budweiser if that would help

I can do it next to an ice cold Budweiser if that would help

How warm is it where you're at?

Just to confirm, I noticed a huge difference in IMU warm up time when waiting to take off. It used to take up to 2-3 minutes, this morning it only took 10 sec before it was ready for me to take off.

Top temp is 23 degrees I live in England so it doesn't get that hot unfortunately

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31