IMU Calibration- Is Flat Surface My Only Concern?

Reaction score
When doing an IMU calibration I am aware that the surface must be exactly level and the colder the better. But what about surrounding interference like metal and wireless home routers, can these external forces have an effect when doing an IMU calibration?

what about surrounding interference like metal and wireless home routers, can these external forces have an effect when doing an IMU calibration?
No.

When doing an IMU calibration I am aware that the surface must be exactly level and the colder the better. But what about surrounding interference like metal and wireless home routers, can these external forces have an effect when doing an IMU calibration?
IMU is strictly electro-mechanical so external RF signals don't affect it. you do, however want to try eliminating and vibrations, I use my basement floor, and avoid walking around it too much while the process is completing. My basement is cool enough that the calibrated range allows the bird to start ups fairly quickly when I'm flying. Let it sit for about 30 min to equilibrate and then start the calibration as quickly as you can when you power up the bird. Dont want the IMU to heat up too much before you start. Usually not a bad idea to perform a gimbal cal after the IMU too.

Reactions: FlyingCircles

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers