IMU Calibration failure - 22

Do you rotate/change positions as soon as the on screen instructuons show you the next position (image), or do you wait for it to actually tell you to (text)? Because my tutorial (instructions) changes images of the positions rather quickly (10 sec per position perhaps), but the instructions still say "IMU calibrating. Please wait."

So do I wait as the text says or rotate it as the images suggest? This is so annoying...

I've noticed in both videos that you guys are rotating the aircraft in between when it rest on the front and the back. When it's leaning forward try tipping it back to rest on its back arms instead of lifting it and rotating it around

Can anybody get an official reply as to what error 22 is supposed to mean? Ugh...

4622d29382f5e0d8010839a14f8b0328.jpg

I also had IMU calibration issues. IMU would always fail, IMU2 would always be successful. So the P4P is now on its way back to DJI for replacement...

Reactions: Beefy
1e4d7e810d01c73ac97345912d91cdfa.jpg

Found this about P4, apparently it solved the IMU calibration problem for at least one customer... Anyone wanna give it a try? Not sure I'm too happy with exposing it to condensation once I bring it back to a warm room...

Fridge is bad idea. You will get condensation. And you will get an off barometer reading. Best bet is to do calibration the moment you turn on your phantom. Dont let it idle or warm up. The other thing is to NOT do the calibration on the same table as your computer. Small vibration from the computers fan can throw it off.

have you reached out to DJI yet?

There have been other reports of this happening

Jack
Hi jack, no not been in touch as yet, they must know about it, they hav not even replied to any of the DJI forum messages

Fridge is bad idea. You will get condensation. And you will get an off barometer reading. Best bet is to do calibration the moment you turn on your phantom. Dont let it idle or warm up. The other thing is to NOT do the calibration on the same table as your computer. Small vibration from the computers fan can throw it off.
I have tried a few level surfaces away from electronic devices with same results

Do you rotate/change positions as soon as the on screen instructuons show you the next position (image), or do you wait for it to actually tell you to (text)? Because my tutorial (instructions) changes images of the positions rather quickly (10 sec per position perhaps), but the instructions still say "IMU calibrating. Please wait."

So do I wait as the text says or rotate it as the images suggest? This is so annoying...
I have done the calibration quickly and leaving 10 seconds after the green lights start flashing

I have done the calibration quickly and leaving 10 seconds after the green lights start flashing
But the text at the bottom still says please wait lol... So it's confusing, especially since I can't get it to calibrate properly.

Guys this is pointing to a warm craft.. Please do as DJI-Tim suggested. The refrigerator will not hurt the craft

Dji is saying to remove the battery 1st before refrigeration(commented by D JI on there forum)

Now I need a smart Samsung refrigerator so I can see what's inside on my app [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Dji is saying to remove the battery 1st before refrigeration(commented by D JI on there forum)

Now I need a smart Samsung refrigerator so I can see what's inside on my app [emoji23]

correct never want to get the battery cold. This solution has only helped a few. It has been reported and we need to wait for a solution from R&D

I know another success story won't help those having issues but for the sake of reporting, I had no issue with IMU calibration. Worked as expected first time.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I think refrigeration is going to be a false lead no electronic device should require that for calibration

I think refrigeration is going to be a false lead no electronic device should require that for calibration

I agree. The device should have been built with some degree of temperature compensation built into it if freezing supposedly fixes it, which seems some aren't having much success with that either. I've designed and built circuits before where we've had a hot box as well as a refrigerator to keep the circuitry linear in output (with a thermistor or temp IC) if some of the components drift due to temp. changes.

I'm more in the camp of some hardware matter since these seem to stick while on their back in calibration. Possible software bug too, but the IMU is ultra sensitive to movement and I suspect the mechanics inside the IMU get stuck or broken, and also why some crashes cannot be fixed unless the IMU is also changed out.

Anyway, good luck to all the beta owners as this gets sorted out. If DJI issues a mass recall then we'll know (bad Karma, or delayed second batch release of the Mavic due to this IMU matter?), or perhaps they'll skip the "On its back" calibration portion in the next update.

Aside, wonder how the Inspire 2 IMU calibration goes with the moveable legs? Different calibration procedure?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub