IMU Calibration failure - 22

Yep I got mine yesterday and updated it via the DJI assistant as I couldn't do it with the Go 4 App. Every time it told me to connect the P4 to the iPad the screen changed so couldn't do the update. Anyway I've also got the -22 error and tried leaving it in the fridge for 1.5hrs. Also tried a refresh and reset but no joy.

Yeah, the app should ask you to do it after FW update anyway... It's risky not to do it, for more than one reason :)

It just asks for compass calibration nothing more...I've not looked into the manual if DJI says I need to do IMU as well otherwise I would go without [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Mine fails 100% of the times on IMU 1 and always succeeds for IMU 2, temperature makes no difference

While flying today, I noticed a constant rotation couterclockwise, maybe 10-20 degrees per minute as well as occational drift. Calibrated compass yesterday in same area, and no obvious magnetic interference.

Got my P4P on Friday and still trying to get these two IMUs to calibrate. Getting very tired of these LED lights now.

can you take off without the imu calibration? When i push the two control sticks towards the middle the screen goes straight to the calibration page.

I cannot complete the IMU calibration, I keep getting the same error.

Can anybody advise?
Just to share my experience today my first flight was in beginner mode without updated firmware I DIDN'T receive the IMU pop-up but on my second flight with updated firmware and in P mode I received the IMU pop-up.
Then when I did calibrate it the #2 was a success but #1 failed three times.

Maybe stupid question, is there a need to perform this IMU calibration?
Some said they have not done it...
Yeah, the app should ask you to do it after FW update anyway... It's risky not to do it, for more than one reason :)
With earlier Phantoms DJI never recommended doing IMU calibration unless necessary.
But lots of people like to feel they are doing something so forum chat started spreading the idea of (completely unnecessary) IMU recalibrations out of the box and after firmware updates as well as compass recalibration after updates.
A word serach of the P4P manual brings up no mention of recalibrating the IMU before flight.
If it was important, it would be mentioned.

Reading over on RCgroups, here's something suggesting that completely unnecessary IMU calibrations are causing this problem.
RC Groups - View Single Post - Official Phantom 4 PRO ***Owner's Thread***
(Dr Turbo is one of DJI's top engineers)
Or this : http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=74524&pid=592213&fromuid=10818
I've never recalibrated a Phantom IMU out of the box or after updates and never had any problems.
When my P4P shows up soon, I won't be trying to calibrate the IMU.

Reactions: lumy
With earlier Phantoms DJI never recommended doing IMU calibration unless necessary.
But lots of people like to feel they are doing something so forum chat started spreading the idea of (completely unnecessary) IMU recalibrations out of the box and after firmware updates as well as compass recalibration after updates.
A word serach of the P4P manual brings up no mention of recalibrating the IMU before flight.
If it was important, it should be there.

Reading over on RCgroups, here's something suggesting that completely unnecessary IMU calibrations are causing this problem.
I've never recalibrated a Phantom IMU out of the box or after updates and never had any problems.
I'm not sure I follow what your saying ,I had no idea about IMU ,UMI,or UFO :) a pop-up appears on the top of the screen and the Auto Take-off is disabled unless you do something about it ,I had one success and one failure but at least thats enough to let you keep flying .
If this makes sense great if not excuse me I'm new around here.. :D

I'm not sure I follow what your saying ,I had no idea about IMU ,UMI,or UFO :) a pop-up appears on the top of the screen and the Auto Take-off is disabled unless you do something about it ,I had one success and one failure but at least thats enough to let you keep flying .
If this makes sense great if not excuse me I'm new around here.. :D
If you've already been flying OK, I'd try powering down and starting again and see what happens.

If you've already been flying OK, I'd try powering down and starting again and see what happens.
Oh I didn't try that I just packed it up and came home and looked at every reply in this thread and then tried the calibration myself and had the same results as others here #2 was good but #1 failed three times but the bar scale thingy says its safe to fly so I'm happy

Maybe stupid question, is there a need to perform this IMU calibration?
Some said they have not done it...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
There ARE occasions to do it but they're not common. I've never done an IMU calibration on mine. The manual told me HOW to do it but never told me I had to or needed to. I fly just fine.

Please keep updated the post. I will buy P4P when this problem has been resolved because I live in another county.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

If it was important, it would be mentioned.

Or this : http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=74524&pid=592213&fromuid=10818
So Meta4 are you saying that we really should not calibrate IMU's out of the box? I have prob done it on my P4 myabe 4 times in 9 months. So when are you ever supposed to calibrate them then? I get my P4P on Tues. Thx for the info.

So Meta4 are you saying that we really should not calibrate IMU's out of the box? I have prob done it on my P4 myabe 4 times in 9 months. So when are you ever supposed to calibrate them then? I get my P4P on Tues. Thx for the info.
Yes ... it's never been necessary but became a widely accepted thing on forums despite no evidence and no official support from DJI.
Now we have DJI coming out and specifically saying it's shouldn't be done for the Mavic and P4pro
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=74524&pid=592213&fromuid=10818
and

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj