Impressed with this cheap headlight kit.

For me, as I have the exact same unit. Have not noticed much of a difference, so maybe a minute or two less flight time at most. Maybe one day I'll do it side-by-side comparison, but it would have to be with the same outside temperature and also using the exact same battery, so a test would have to be conducted on different flights.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
O oK Thanks for the info sir

I've got one used it a few times, now sits in the back of the drawer. I found it drastically reduced my flight time, although this test wasn't scientific or anything, but was getting about 5 mins or so less, tbh I found it only really useful if flying/filming very close to the ground, found it made the video quality poor in the air.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just checked Amazon UK on above link. They want £47.75 ($59.92) for two.
More than $50. extra ? Unless it's all about shipping cost. Just search for another vendor.

I've got one used it a few times, now sits in the back of the drawer. I found it drastically reduced my flight time, although this test wasn't scientific or anything, but was getting about 5 mins or so less, tbh I found it only really useful if flying/filming very close to the ground, found it made the video quality poor in the air.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using PhantomPilots mobile app
Your sure it's the exact same item, with a small circuit board attached? Like a said, I'm going to do a same test. Just hover for a set battery % (like 50%) and recorded that time. Once being on, and once being off, same exact battery.

Reactions: Matts175
Just curious, could this be powered by a 9 volt Barrera pack?

Sent from my SM-T280 using PhantomPilots mobile app
If you wanting to power a light from a power source other than the drone battery, their are many other better options out there than this one. This is made to work with the stock battery as a power source.

Just have funny thoughts of War of the Worlds !!

Flying over a few houses with that light .... !!

Nigel

I been meaning to get that but wasn't sure how you connect it. Did you have to take to top of the drone off? How easy was it to install?

Neon Euc

I Recently had a 100W LED setup on my P3S, shortened flight time a little haha but at 8000 lumens it looked like a UFO. i used a dc to dc boost converter to up the voltage to around 35V then supplied it to the LED.

I been meaning to get that but wasn't sure how you connect it. Did you have to take to top of the drone off? How easy was it to install?

Neon Euc
Easy, but a pain too. The light itself goes right on with the included tape, and the little board also goes right on with the tape. The pain part is routing the two little wires through the vent holes on the side of the drone (without damage) and getting the small metal plate on the end over to the battery terminals. There's not much room to work with as I didn't take apart the drone itself, just worked through the battery compartment opening.
IMAG0304a.jpg

Reactions: Neon Euc
Last edited:
Has anybody tried this one from Polar Pro that has its own battery battery source and clips on with white and red lights on the front and back

DJI Phantom 3 LED Light Kit

Sent from my 831C using PhantomPilots mobile app
Looks cool, but there's a BIG issue with these. The battery pack (that snaps on top) is going to cover the GPS receiver ! That's right where it's located, dead center on the top of our drones.

Reactions: Roccot312
I had those on my P3S. I got a couple interference issues. So I stopped using it. The leg lights don't grip all that tight . Kind of a pain all in all. Imo

Sent from my SM-T280 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Roccot312
This thing is SUPER bright. You can't even directly look at it. Flight testing as soon as it gets dark out.

Amazon.com: Anbee LED Camera Head Light Daylight Bright White for DJI Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced Quadcopter: Toys & Games

It doesn't come with instructions, but installation took all of 5 minutes. You just fish the little connector through the side vent. The connector slips right over the 2 factory battery terminals. Just make sure it's red to red, black to black. Stick the control board to the side of the bird (double stick tape on it already). Then velcro (included) the light on to the front. Simple.

16300047_10210511569619434_8811737662800857244_o.jpg
Absolute mess with the wires hanging out of it.
This is a real light.

DJI Phantom 3 - SET: Metz LED-72 Smart Mount with METZ LED & TORX Screws | eBay

Absolute mess with the wires hanging out of it.
This is a real light.

DJI Phantom 3 - SET: Metz LED-72 Smart Mount with METZ LED & TORX Screws | eBay
Looks cool, but how much is that in American dollars $. I see your link says 28 not sure on that currency denomination. The other light this thread begin with is $7. Also one of the advantages of the other light is the fact that it does run off to drone battery, and doesn't need to be one more battery that we need to remember to charge. It becomes an integral part of the drone itself.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94