Impressed with this cheap headlight kit.

Reaction score
This thing is SUPER bright. You can't even directly look at it. Flight testing as soon as it gets dark out.

Amazon.com: Anbee LED Camera Head Light Daylight Bright White for DJI Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced Quadcopter: Toys & Games

It doesn't come with instructions, but installation took all of 5 minutes. You just fish the little connector through the side vent. The connector slips right over the 2 factory battery terminals. Just make sure it's red to red, black to black. Stick the control board to the side of the bird (double stick tape on it already). Then velcro (included) the light on to the front. Simple.

16300047_10210511569619434_8811737662800857244_o.jpg

Video is uploading to Youtube right now guys. It takes a while. I went 2500 feet away and I could still see my bird, as if it were only 100 feet away. The camera was completely unaffected by the light. So far, I'm giving this light kit a big thumbs up.

interesting to see what it does with battery life too

Well. We won't know yet. It was very cold outside. I couldn't make it for a full flight. My poor lil fingers, LOL.

Attachments

• DJI_0004.JPG
    DJI_0004.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 981
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    450 KB · Views: 971
IMAG0305.jpg
Me too, like it very much. Has very little negative effect on battery life. How did you see it going out 2500', flying backwards ? lol

Last edited:
View attachment 74721 Me too, like it very much. Has very little negative affect on battery life. How did you see it going out 2500', flying backwards ? lol

Nice. I didn't know you already had one. Yeah, I didn't think it'd affect the battery too much. There's already so much going on.... I don't think an extra 2 watts will hurt it.

How did I see it? The second I turned around. Tonight was the first time EVER I actually flew it manually home from the lake. I normally just fly it there, then hit RTH. There's no way I could manually get it home without that light.

First off, thanks for sharing.

Secondly, where did you get that red remove before flying tag?? I really like that.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mejori and Rosey
Any problem with the light heating up at all? I read that it gets pretty warm.

Any problem with the light heating up at all? I read that it gets pretty warm.
It might, to be honest never touched it to find out. Don't see why that would be a concern since everythings external.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

How much battery life it took cause it looks great for night flights.
For me, as I have the exact same unit. Have not noticed much of a difference, so maybe a minute or two less flight time at most. Maybe one day I'll do it side-by-side comparison, but it would have to be with the same outside temperature and also using the exact same battery, so a test would have to be conducted on different flights.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Bori-Dji-Ninja

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1