Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

Is it ok to mount the Flytrex using Industrial Strength Velcro?
I don't see why not. Worst case it would jiggle loose and hang by the power lead or canbus cable. Mine has come loose and I can confirm that the lead can hold the weight of the device... I flew for probably 15 mins with it dangling below my bird.

Reactions: amitregev
I can't register my flytrex using the scanner.. Says the web sight is down..anybody else having a problem?

I really hope the Facebook issue gets resolved soon. One of the reasons I got the Flytrex was so people could track me along my summer vacation travel with my Phantom.

I can't register my flytrex using the scanner.. Says the web sight is down..anybody else having a problem?

Hi Squeal :)

I believe this might be related to some changes we did in the site the past week that broke the QR code registration option. I will check this more closely with our team this next two days and we will get this fixed quickly.

In the meantime, you can easily register the device via our web-site using the code listed on the same sticker, to the right of the QR code. If you would like, you can find more details how to register the Live device via our web-site at the user manual in the second registration option titled "Registering via PC", see here: http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-live-3g/manual/#6

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with. Thanks! :)

I really hope the Facebook issue gets resolved soon. One of the reasons I got the Flytrex was so people could track me along my summer vacation travel with my Phantom.

Hi djsydvicious :)

I'm sorry for the trouble with this! I expect that we'll have this feature working again within the next 3-4 days from now.

Earlier this month Facebook updated some of their protocols. Our web-site was already prepared for this change, but we also needed to go through FB's approval process for the Live mission action before we can post automatically to your timeline. We expect to finish this review process in a few days and then the Live Mission posts to Facebook will start working automatically again.

We will post more updates once this is ready in a few days. Cheers! :)

Reactions: Brent10
Hi djsydvicious :)

I'm sorry for the trouble with this! I expect that we'll have this feature working again within the next 3-4 days from now.

Earlier this month Facebook updated some of their protocols. Our web-site was already prepared for this change, but we also needed to go through FB's approval process for the Live mission action before we can post automatically to your timeline. We expect to finish this review process in a few days and then the Live Mission posts to Facebook will start working automatically again.

We will post more updates once this is ready in a few days. Cheers! :)
Thanks for the reply. I, as well as others I'm sure, will be looking forward to the update. I leave for Jamaica on Saturday and I've already ordered an international sim card to use with Flytrex while there.

I'm having an issue where my Flytrex LIVE 3G just hangs on a BLUE LED after power up.

I was using a H2O SIM card with no problem. Yesterday, I switched to an International SIM card to use for my trip to Jamaica. I got it working after manually programming the APN to the FlyTrex. It worked and I was able to get Green LED a few times on yesterday. Now, I can't get to Green. It goes to Blue and just hangs at blue.

Any ideas what may be going on?

I'm having an issue where my Flytrex LIVE 3G just hangs on a BLUE LED after power up.

I was using a H2O SIM card with no problem. Yesterday, I switched to an International SIM card to use for my trip to Jamaica. I got it working after manually programming the APN to the FlyTrex. It worked and I was able to get Green LED a few times on yesterday. Now, I can't get to Green. It goes to Blue and just hangs at blue.

Any ideas what may be going on?
I think I may have fixed it. I went into my Flytrex account and unlinked my Flytrex from my assigned Phantom and started her up and got green.

I'm thinking that my Flytrex was linked to the old Sim and wouldn't allow the Flytrex to connect to its servers

Let's see what happens when I fire it up another time.

I installed my flytrex today to my phantom 2 vision plus using can bus and h2o sim. Last seen seems to work but the flight is not uploading...is anyone else having this issue? I'm hoping it's just a setting or something I have wrong? I registered the device before installing it....any ideas?

i have searched all over, but how you create an .fpv file to up load in your flytrex profile?

Any word or ETA on when the Facebook integration will be working again? I still don't get notifications to my Facebook when I do live flights.

Reactions: Brent10
Any word or ETA on when the Facebook integration will be working again? I still don't get notifications to my Facebook when I do live flights.
Looks like they have given up on support of the P2V+ version to busy with the P3 release. I will not Buy one for my P3 till they resolve this.

Mine works 97% I think. I goto Flytrex.com and click profile and I see all my flights and the details. Am I missing something? Im sure I am. Probably more features I didnt know about.
I have two of the 3g units I use between 4 different phantoms.
This is the issue I have. Wrong altitude. Not sure why my altitude shows 1248, Im actually only at 140 to 190 feet max.

Mine works 97% I think. I goto Flytrex.com and click profile and I see all my flights and the details. Am I missing something? Im sure I am. Probably more features I didnt know about.
I have two of the 3g units I use between 4 different phantoms.
This is the issue I have. Wrong altitude. Not sure why my altitude shows 1248, Im actually only at 140 to 190 feet max.

Flytrex shows altitude from sea level. The "max ascent" is your highest point from your take off point.

Reactions: Skipholiday
When you go live on Flytrex, It is suppose to post to your Facebook page. That is the feature that has never worked since I received my Flytrex. If it posted to Facebook as advertised, my Friends and Family would know to checkout my Live flight and follow me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl