Image Transmission/Firmware Updates

Reaction score
My problem seem to start with a firmware update prior to my 1.11.20 update. I started getting poor transmission quality notices with a disconnect. I updated to 1.11.20 and now I have poor radio quality with tiled video and weak signal. It is very frustrating and I have not been able to narrow it down. I uninstalled the DJI Go app and reinstalled.

Here is where I am at.

DJI Go Ver. 3.1.23
AC Version 1.11.20
Remote Controller 1.9.2

Android device
Samsung Tab 4 Version 4.4.2
Kernel Build 3.10.0-6808427

I have checked the the ribbon connections on my gimbal and they seem normal.

I have read this thread and re-synced controller to AC.
RC issue after firmware update??

Anyone know of a fix? Here is the screenshot of the transmission and channel frequency graph. I have tried it with or without Wifi enabled on my device with no change. Litchi app has the same problem so it has to be between the controller and AC.

You can see the tiling of the image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-22-09-34-22.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-22-09-34-22.png
    546.9 KB · Views: 384
I might suggest you try a different device before digging in to the firmware issue too far.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I just don't see how the device would cause almost zero signal on all the channels.

Think about it. It's the processor and ram on the device. You will get intermittent and bad telemetry along with the video break up. According to specs you need a minimum of of 2gig of ram and a faster processor than the device you are using. It's worth a try anyway. I cant even use my P3 on anything slower than what I have now. Have already gone through 2 Tabs and a phone. But a Tab2S works perfectly for now, granted I am on very old firmware.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Actually I believe you are correct. I was misinterpreting the transmission signal graph that I posted above. I was thinking that longer bars meant better signal when in fact longer bars indicate more noise. My Tab 4 worked perfectly for over a year and a half. I guess DJI Go app has become more bloated requiring more resources. I have noticed it has a longer launch time since I updated it last.

Thanks for your help.

Weird as it may be, other users noted issue fixed by replacing SD card. I also noted my issue was fixed just by re-formatting my SD card. Sandisk Extreme 64GB btw.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl