If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Reaction score
If you look through this, and other Phantom 3 forums, what is the most common complaint / post calling for help?

HINT: "My drone was working fine, I have just done a firmware update and now my drone won't connect to my RC - I get an ESC error - I can't see my camera view etc etc".

In my humble opinion, updating firmware on these older drones is the single biggest cause of system malfunctions! If your drone is working, LEAVE IT ALONE!

This is only my opinion based on my years of flying a Phantom 3 Advanced and reading these forums. I am sure others, and probably DJI will not agree with this statement.

Lol and if you should fall victim as I did you ain't got a choice
I had prompt after prompt every time I powered up,I could work around it for a while till DJI put it in lockdown, solid red lights all over,dont seem to happen these days so dont know why I got it.im still unaware of any circumstances where DJI can do that but somehow they did or the app did !!
My update did go well which did surprise me but this p4 (pride and joy of the fleet) did end up doin a freefall from the heavens (rip) related, I dont know,was battery error that shut down fully in flight, :eek:
Screenshot_20210801-180124_Gallery.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO
Indeed, in your case canzone an update was essential. My comments is aimed at those thousands of owners that do an update just because one is available.
Never heard of a drone being "Locked" by DJI, that's terrible!!

Lol and if you should fall victim as I did you ain't got a choice
I had prompt after prompt every time I powered up,I could work around it for a while till DJI put it in lockdown, solid red lights all over,dont seem to happen these days so dont know why I got it.im still unaware of any circumstances where DJI can do that but somehow they did or the app did !!
My update did go well which did surprise me but this p4 (pride and joy of the fleet) did end up doin a freefall from the heavens (rip) related, I dont know,was battery error that shut down fully in flight, :eek:
View attachment 122480
Never saw that one. Luckily my P4 & P4P updates went well to the last one offered. Did them for add-ons that I needed. Otherwise don't recommend. Still have 3 Phantoms just in case 1 falls from the sky. Stay safe y'all, and look out for them updated drones raining down. Kidding, enjoy

Been there myself just recently. It may or may not have been related to the firmware update. Couldn't tell. But then the RC and AC would not link via the DJI GS Pro app. Even though I could still fly with the DJI GO app.

Been troubleshooting it with DJI support with repeated attempts to reinstall the firmware with no success.

Then at one point the feed from the camera remained black, with video and still capture coming out black. Maybe the board just fried.

Gave up and shipped it to CA for a diagnostic and repair. I am in middle of waypoint video shots of construction sites and am on hold.

Having a P3A, I've subscribed to the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" rule. With all the problems I had with DJI Go app, I moved to the Litchi software and never looked back. (Just my $.02).

Is it even possible roll back software to a previous version (509) after a repair shop unasked for upgrade? I've heard of 'digdat' & 'dumldor' etc but does anyone here have positive feedback having successfully completed a rollback? And at which site/link? Both the above come with 'unsecure site' warnings whenever I venture near them.
Or is it even possible to somehow 'copy' the firmware from another drone and install it ? That would be too easy!

Just do a search on this forum for reversing firmware update, there are dozens of threads!!

I did an update on my P3P last week. It wouldn't connect. BUT... all I had to do was connect to aircraft in the settings and all is well. I've seen this posted on the DJI forums and it has worked for people the think their drone is bricked after an update. It might not work for all but I thought I'd share my experience with that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers