"If found please call..."

I have name, number, AMA number and email address listed on mine. I have them printed locally on "Severe Weather" stock. They aren't UV/Water PROOF but very weather resistant.

I do like the one "chapsrlz " uses. I may see about getting some of those made for my aircraft as well. I've got several so I have to buy them a sheet at a time. All of my planes, heli and MR have them per AMA guidelines. Not a bad idea at all.

.....don't forget the SD card as they can pop out in a crash. I also add my contact data to it in the form of a tiny text file on it.
That's an excellent idea. I lost a SD card in a major impact in another quad a while back. We never found it and it had a LOT of pictures on it. Aircraft landed in a huge mulch pile with lots of dark areas and the SD card was BLACK. He's GONE!!!
I plan to use a sticker and a qr code too.
QR Code... good idea. I may implement that too LOL! Oh Lordy what is my aircraft going to look like LOL

It's not cool to be a coward. If you do it, own up to it. Such is life.
Very well said. Man up! :)

I would add "Not functional without authorized remote" just to discourage someone selling it or buying a remote.
DJI should make some add some kind of ID making a lost Phantom dead forever.

Kinda like an Iphone that has 'find my iphone' activated...? its still lost.. but at least you have the comfort of knowing that nobody else is using it.. except maybe for parts?

QR Code... good idea. I may implement that too LOL! Oh Lordy what is my aircraft going to look like LOL

D'OH! Maybe we can eventually sell ad space on our quads! lol... The sponsors will get some visibility if they crash... :)

Reactions: BigAl07
D'OH! Maybe we can eventually sell ad space on our quads! lol... The sponsors will get some visibility if they crash... :)

Imagine...

"Nike drone crashes into the White House" or "Burger King drone shot down intruding on class Alpha airspace"

Chapsrlz what exactly does that label say?
"US Property Tracked By . . . " (Can't see the full label).
"US Property Tracked by GPS" but isn't 52 the country code for Mexico?

And avoid prosecution? What could they be prosecuted for?
Theft if not returned? I'm sure it is there to be intimidating more than anything.

trolling.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Not bad. Although someone with a tinfoil hat might try kill it with fire :D

Reactions: unclejas
It's not cool to be a coward. If you do it, own up to it. Such is life.

It's not about being a coward. It's a real issue in the sense that if you lost control of your bird, damaged property or person, and it had a dog tag on it with your contact information you would run a high risk of being prosecuted; not forgiven.

I never said 'don't use a tag' I only said there was a 'down side'. I think most folks in this forum are responsible pilots like myself, but accidents happen and the USA is a litigious society. Do the math. If it weren't so litigious the 'downside' I mention wouldn't be an issue.

Pros and cons to everything.

It's not about being a coward. It's a real issue in the sense that if you lost control of your bird, damaged property or person, and it had a dog tag on it with your contact information you would run a high risk of being prosecuted; not forgiven.

I never said 'don't use a tag' I only said there was a 'down side'. I think most folks in this forum are responsible pilots like myself, but accidents happen and the USA is a litigious society. Do the math. If it weren't so litigious the 'downside' I mention wouldn't be an issue.

Seriously???????

C'mon man, thats like saying you should drive your car unlicensed because if you have an accident you could be sued for damages you caused. So you ditch the car and run and let the innocents clean up your mess. Sorry bro, take your lumps as they come if you deserve them, anything less is cowardice.

Runnin With The Devil...

Yeah man, ya gotta stand and take your just rewards. ;-)
image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

I have name, number, AMA number and email address listed on mine. I have them printed locally on "Severe Weather" stock. They aren't UV/Water PROOF but very weather resistant.

I do like the one "chapsrlz " uses. I may see about getting some of those made for my aircraft as well. I've got several so I have to buy them a sheet at a time. All of my planes, heli and MR have them per AMA guidelines. Not a bad idea at all.

That's an excellent idea. I lost a SD card in a major impact in another quad a while back. We never found it and it had a LOT of pictures on it. Aircraft landed in a huge mulch pile with lots of dark areas and the SD card was BLACK. He's GONE!!!

Very well said. Man up! :)

http://www.uavstickers.com/products-dji-phantom2.php
:)

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj