I was Narked on....

The Youtube videos alone aren’t enough to do anything to you in the absence of other evidence. As to getting your details from the flight somehow have you considered They may have used Aeroscope? Who knows how far DJI has marketed this technology.

I don’t understand you being so snarky with people who have commented. If you think your special enough to do whatever you like expect at some time someone is going to take you to task on it.
I was only "snarky" to one person, Because he was "Snarky" to me first.. And no Im not "special" to do anything I want.

I don’t know about that one? Police officers will be Police officers, and park rangers will be park rangers. Lol
Yea right.. LOL.. For the ones that answered my question... THANKS.. Im putting this conversation to rest... The "dead horse" has been beat enough. LOL. Im "leaving now"..

Thanks.. That is all I need to know.. Without all the "Lectures"... All you "Drone Police officers" can calm down now...

Mr. Snarky here: As I said before, if you don't want honest and real-world replies then don't post on the internet. Some of us happen to have a lot of skin in the sUAS game and don't need rogue operators making it harder on us just because they feel privileged and above the law. Police (even Drone Police) don't bother you if you're flying within the regulations. Just because you busted the regs doesn't make it someone else's fault that you got (2) citations. Most likely they are just warning/educational anyway but they do put you on the RADAR for future infractions and justly so.

If you ever get down my way, I'll take you to some state parks with some water falls. we have lots of them. DJI_0106.jpg

With the news of the assassination attempt in Venezuela DHS is calling for Congress to do something about drones and you do stuff like this? Please be responsible or just sell your drone.

Reactions: PJC5301
So I’m new here and need some help... oh by the way those are some awesome pics .... very nice. Where do I go to ask help questions

So I’m new here and need some help... oh by the way those are some awesome pics .... very nice. Where do I go to ask help questions

First off WELCOME to the forum.

You can start a new thread by going to the forum that matches your aircraft (here's the forum index) and select POST NEW THREAD in the upper right hand portion of your screen.

Well, I dont know how to explain this.. I got 2 "warnings" in the mail yesterday. But before I get into the details.. The question I have is.. On the DJI Go App, If you fly into a restricted zone, does it automatically send the Drone and owners address to the persons in charge of the Restricted Zone so they can send a Citation? For example, flying over a Dam at 400ft that is maintained my Army Corps of Engeneers? Otherwise there is no way they can see at drone at that height and zipping by at 30 mph the size of a Phantom or Mavic Pro.

My guess is, somebody at the lake saw me flying and called a Ranger and the Ranger got the number off my Boat to get my address. I was back in a river inlet filming a waterfall when others showed up in the middle of my flight and I saw a Ranger on the oppisate Bank talking to them, but he never talked to me. By then I was not flying but still had the drone laying out still. Nobody of either party came over to say anything to me.

Im guessing the Ranger searched YouTube for "Waterfall videos at Lake Allatoona" and found mine, so he searched other videos and saw a few where I flew past the Dam, Hence the Citations....

Total BS...... At least its only warnings, Im just trying to figure out how he got my address....

U are responsible for knowing the rules & regulations when and where u fly. THE BS part is your attitude about the situation u created for yourself then called foul ?

Maybe im missing something.on the one occasion I've strayed into an nfz, the drone would not go into it.it was like the drone hit a wall.it would not go any further and i believe if you are in an nfz the drone won't let you power it up.well mine won't anyway.

So is the ops drone hacked or have the newer drones different rules? I have a dji phantom 3 advanced by the way.

Maybe im missing something.on the one occasion I've strayed into an nfz, the drone would not go into it.it was like the drone hit a wall.it would not go any further and i believe if you are in an nfz the drone won't let you power it up.well mine won't anyway.

So is the ops drone hacked or have the newer drones different rules? I have a dji phantom 3 advanced by the way.
There are plenty of places you aren’t supposed to fly that aren’t flagged as NFZ in DJI’s geofencing.

Flying over Army Corps property (overlook near the dam, took off and landed there, I flew out 2 miles away off sight) and the second one was flying in restricted airspace.. (over the dam).. Both had nothing to do do with the flight at the waterfall.. He got those citations from the videos I had on Youtube... Reason He didn't talk to me is because he felt I didn't do anything wrong, but to make the other party happy, he researched on youtube... I just went back and renamed my videos and deleted others that describe the areas I fly in.

Unless it's marked as a NFZ and not over people, etc, its not illegal to fly over dams, same for Army Corps property. They dont own the airspace.

Flying out of sight and posting the video is just plain ridiculous.

This is why everyone should have to take a test, get a license before they can even purchase a drone. Then present license to store they are buying the drone from. DJI should and any other manufacturer should have to store all flight data and information on pilot and craft, and forward to authorities upon request. Or else law breakers like DavidW will cost us all our freedoms to fly and in some cases earn extra money.

They could've used binoculars and saw your boat tag registration. Got you that way most likely.

I don't know if it has been mentioned but there's a difference between restricted air space and prohibited air space.most damns and power plants are prohibited air space. Bad juju to fly over them.

You can fly in restricted air space as long as its not active.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl