I really hate the new DJI GO app 3.0.0

This FIXED strange behaviors plus horizon issue: Follow up on my earlier post regarding strange flight behavior. I uninstalled the app. (Be sure to sync your flight history before doing this). Reinstalled the app, re-synced my flight history. Go out to field, level takeoff surface... Turn on controller, then aircraft and immediately do a cold IMU calibration, followed by a gimbal calibration, followed by a compass calibration. Then was prompted to install new controller firmware. Then was prompted to install new Phantom firmware. Re-booted. Results so far fixed 2 things: the infamous tilted horizon issue my Phantom has been consistently suffering from since I got it. I'm not sure how long it will last, but I did all sorts of crazy maneuvers and the horizon is now rock solid, which is GREAT news as far as I'm concerned, plus other odd behaviors seem resolved. Now just waiting for missing features to be restored in the 3.0.x bug fix release, which I'm expecting any day given apples approval cycle and DJI's release cadence.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Some useful feature has been removed without notice such as the ability to adjust camera horizon during flight. On my views this is not a zero problem as confirmed impacting video shooting for some. But obviously some don't bother level horizon and we can understand this.

If the functionnality I have mention is back in next GO app release It will confirm was not a zero problem.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

DJI acknowledged it's a bug and that they would fix it in an upcoming update (Reply I got over a tech ticket I had submitted for it).

This FIXED strange behaviors plus horizon issue: Follow up on my earlier post regarding strange flight behavior. I uninstalled the app. (Be sure to sync your flight history before doing this). Reinstalled the app, re-synced my flight history. Go out to field, level takeoff surface... Turn on controller, then aircraft and immediately do a cold IMU calibration, followed by a gimbal calibration, followed by a compass calibration. Then was prompted to install new controller firmware. Then was prompted to install new Phantom firmware. Re-booted. Results so far fixed 2 things: the infamous tilted horizon issue my Phantom has been consistently suffering from since I got it. I'm not sure how long it will last, but I did all sorts of crazy maneuvers and the horizon is now rock solid, which is GREAT news as far as I'm concerned, plus other odd behaviors seem resolved. Now just waiting for missing features to be restored in the 3.0.x bug fix release, which I'm expecting any day given apples approval cycle and DJI's release cadence.

I got the controller prompt but no firmware, what is your fw version?

Last edited:
About this new controller firmware, might solve some of the reported issues:

868d9d096d51ab870c7691619010d4b9.jpg

Still the same. Plus a lot if HD interference now.

Definitely fixed the C2 + Gimbal wheel issue :)
So no, just tried it, it's still a no go for me...You sure you got it back up and running??

My apologies guys. Sorry for my last post which was incorrect and misleading.

I should have written, after installing the latest controller firmware v1.8.0, what I found working again, is C2 which is set to use Advanced Camera Settings. This definitely works. The 2nd thing that I found working again, is the right scroll wheel to control camera exposure.

Last edited:
The drone still only supposedly does what the app tells it to do correct? So even if the craft/drone FW hasn't been changed and if the RC HAS been changed it will affect the drone characteristics, does that make sense??? I think I confused myself LoL

The drone still only supposedly does what the app tells it to do correct? So even if the craft/drone FW hasn't been changed and if the RC HAS been changed it will affect the drone characteristics, does that make sense??? I think I confused myself LoL

That makes sense to me!

I have done all the upgrades etc,,,, and haven't had any problems, but reading all of the trouble a lot seem to be having worries me that maybe something WILL down the road LoL but DJI has acknowledged that there is a bug and is working on a fix, since there upgrades are "YOUR" choice to do and since I'm not having any issues I will stay with what I currently have until the NEXT upgrade is truly working bug free!!!

3.0.1 Is out! Yay! Will try it out tomorrow as I'm planning a filming outing!

What's New in Version 3.0.1
Osmo Mobile:
- Progress bar added when processing Panoramas
- Preview page added for Panoramas

General:
- Stopped error preventing highlighting of camera settings when toggling the Camera Settings dial.
- Restored ability to tune the gimbal by simultaneously pressing C2 and the Gimbal dial.
- Reduced occasional app freezing when used with Phantom 3 Standard
- Bug fixing

upload_2016-10-18_16-30-5.png

Reactions: direkMel
Waiting for input. Will try it and report.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik