I really hate the new DJI GO app 3.0.0

Anyone else's grids disappear every time you start the app? Also my center point marker is in the upper left.

Yes, my grid is gone as well.

That said, I was having issues with weak image transmission after app 3.0.0 update. Out of frustration I deleted my DJI GO app and reinstalled. Took it for a flight and I was able to go over 2KM without modification before getting the the weak image transmission error. I figure that is the limit anyway so no big deal. That was about 3x better than before. Also, the video seemed smoother while previewing on my iPad which is nice.

So ... really the only real issue I have now, is I lost my grid. Not sure if deleting and reinstalling will help you but it may be worth a try.

I have also turned off auto update so this mess doesn't happen again.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you disable auto update,? I have Ipad Air 2 , can not find it

Go to "Settings" than "Itunes + App Store" look for "Apps" and slide the Slide over so it is not green! Have all mine off (No Green) that way I can update what I want when I want. When you go to Appstore look on bottom , you will see updates. if there are any you can than pick and choose. Right now though you will have all updates I'm betting seeing yours is on

Reactions: sweez
Anyone else's grids disappear every time you start the app? Also my center point marker is in the upper left.

man i was pissed. the new update screwed. come one Dji do it right.

klnyc

Guys....I suspect this was a rushed release for early Mavic reviewers, hence the lack of support for Android.

DJI already acknowledged a couple of issue and will more than likely update with fixes.

To everyone on iOS, downgrading the app isn't that complicated, just follow the tutorial posted across quite a few threads out there about 3.0.0

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Cadbob
Go to "Settings" than "Itunes + App Store" look for "Apps" and slide the Slide over so it is not green! Have all mine off (No Green) that way I can update what I want when I want. When you go to Appstore look on bottom , you will see updates. if there are any you can than pick and choose. Right now though you will have all updates I'm betting seeing yours is on
Thanks, yes they were on..

I think the only thing you can do is by going to GENERAL then select RESTRICTIONS and turn off INSTALLING APPS . . it might ask you to enter/set a password if you have never used that feature before . . . that will prevent you from updating any APPS without entering the password . . so you can still update other stuff

I think the only thing you can do is by going to GENERAL then select RESTRICTIONS and turn off INSTALLING APPS . . it might ask you to enter/set a password if you have never used that feature before . . . that will prevent you from updating any APPS without entering the password . . so you can still update other stuff
yes, you are right, just stuck on looking at dji app, thanks

Yes in my case but not too much. I don't spend much time in hover except when hand catching and is a bit bumpy now.

This is a subjective problem. I have a P4 (was very good before the update) and I use a dedicated iPad Air 2 (nothing else on it except GO app) IOS 10.0.2 and GO app 3.0.0. After install, I started to have video interference, shorter stable range, wobbly hover. I have friends we fly with the same equipment and configuration that after the update the P4 performance improved compared to before. So at this point I have no idea what the crap is going on, I know in my case it got worse.

This is a subjective problem. I have a P4 (was very good before the update) and I use a dedicated iPad Air 2 (nothing else on it except GO app) IOS 10.0.2 and GO app 3.0.0. After install, I started to have video interference, shorter stable range, wobbly hover. I have friends we fly with the same equipment and configuration that after the update the P4 performance improved compared to before. So at this point I have no idea what the crap is going on, I know in my case it got worse.

Wth? That is weird. I'm going to test it tomorrow. Since my wife also has a P4 but using android I can compare side by side stability while I'm using iOS Dji 3.0

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Chose on open field just in case stuff hits the fan...

Maybe I am not as discerning or as picky as most but I have ZERO point ZERO of the problems that some here are having. Maybe it is because I just go and fly rather than picking apart every detail. With the new upgrade, I haven't seen any performance degradation. I still get my 10km (round trip) or more distance and very good video reception on my iPad Mini 4. Not really sure what the problem is with some here but it seems like some, not all are looking for problems.

Reactions: Kvanoss
Maybe I am not as discerning or as picky as most but I have ZERO point ZERO of the problems that some here are having. Maybe it is because I just go and fly rather than picking apart every detail. With the new upgrade, I haven't seen any performance degradation. I still get my 10km (round trip) or more distance and very good video reception on my iPad Mini 4. Not really sure what the problem is with some here but it seems like some, not all are looking for problems.

That's good news!

That's good news!

While I posted a mini rant the point I am trying to make is that some people spend most of their time looking for problems than being out enjoying their drone. This isn't a Predator drone. It's a consumer device that is suppose to be fun to fly and enjoy. Many to most of the comments on here are from people bit*hing and moaning about this and that, and should this or that happen, or how do I do xxxx (when it is clearly in the manual). It's almost like Groundhog Day with the same complaints from generally the same people about the same things. Just go fly the darned thing and have fun with it.

I am not looking for problems, DJI problems follow and look for me. I know my drone and the last few times flew very well but after the update it has video interference and unstable flight. As I said, I have flying friends with the same setup and the update made the P4 fly better. You figure out.
If your drone flies good enjoy it, but remember the next update may hit you and the drone may loose performance...will you complain and ask why? or just fly the darn thing till it hits the ground.

I google before asking. I don't feel that it is fair I ask others to do my work for me. If I can't find an answer I then read the forums. Only after I've exhausted all resources do I post or ask online. Many people are just too lazy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic