DJI GO app 3.0.0 revert to older version, how?

Reaction score
Hate the "new and improved" DJI GO app 3.0.0...
How do I revert to GO 2.9.3?

Reactions: TS-Flyer
I agree... I flew yesterday and I was totally lost... and WTF is up with the horrible giant font?
It's cringe worthy, thumbs down.

Unfortunately you can't revert To previous version through easy ways.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: andre renaud
This is the result of DJI and the lazy code programmers by putting ALL the codes in one app. As of now, GO app is the same app for:
Phantom 3
Phantom 4
Inspire
Matrice
Osmo
Mavic
Live streaming and sharing on social media and messaging apps
SkyPixel aerial photography community
and who know what else. Enjoy flying...
With so many codes in one app, it is only normal to have glitches and interference from code line jumping and data confusion.
Should be 2 or 3 apps based on platform and type of hardware.

I am OK with the BIG font, easier to see the altitude...
What I hate:
- ugly and confusing camera settings
- stupid icon to swap between picture and video
- ugly cross-grid lines
- missing the center point with color
- missing the C2+aperture toggle wheel to adjust the horizon tilt problem
- when GO is turned OFF, all the camera settings are gone
- major video interference in AUTO and CUSTOM mode with and w/out 32 hack
- longer time to acquire GPS sats and warming up.
DJI, you have been awarded this trophy for new GO app 3.0.0

Award.jpg

Reactions: skiptv and Jussaguy
And now with the bigger font there is no space to place the histogram other than up in your field of view on an Ipad Mini 2. In the previous version I could have the histogram neatly placed in the bottom right corner, now it has to be right up in the main viewing area. Strange thing is it fits better when using my iPhone 6 plus.

Did this update automatically, I never authorised this update....went to fly yesterday and thought I was seeing things, only been flying for a month and had to start all over again.... Thankfully everything went fine....but not happy about the auto update

Did this update automatically, I never authorised this update....went to fly yesterday and thought I was seeing things, only been flying for a month and had to start all over again.... Thankfully everything went fine....but not happy about the auto update
That's going to be in your App Store settings.

DJI doesn't have the authority to set anything on your phone or pad to auto update.

By the way guys, anyone that wants to roll back before 3.0, you have to go back to an iTunes backup that is before you installed v3 GoApp.

If you do that, remember if you don't have auto back up photos to iCloud to manually do it.

Also, I would, just to be safe, clear the cache after doing that so it sets the firmware to whatever you're at after restoring.

Summary:

To go back to before 3 on iOS is simple if you have a backup (preferably recent).

1. Restore phone to that backup.

2. Clear cache on the MAIN GO APP screen (the one before camera mode). Not the video and picture cache. You have to hit the little grad hat and then clear cache (just clears firmware text cache is all).

@Dacon Productions

Last edited:
Want older version of GO app not IOS.

This is for the Go app. Not the OS.

In the video he uses Spotify for the example, but it works for any app.

Hahaha! Awesome answer.

Go to your settings in iCloud and go to back up and do it. If you're not backing up photos, it's a minuscule amount of data. Even if you are backing up photos, it's only large the first time and then just whatever pics you took that day.

Goofy not to back up daily but thanks for the chuckle. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31