I really hate the new DJI GO app 3.0.0

Just got back from my first flight with 3.0.1, and I'm happy to say that it was my longest at 7.4 miles total and 19,736'(3.373 miles) out using Tap2Fly and windsurfers. The gimbal adjustment is back and the 32 channel hack is still there. My horizon was about as dead on as it could have been so I'm happy as can be with this Go version.

Just got back from my first flight with 3.0.1, and I'm happy to say that it was my longest at 19,736'(3.373 miles) out using Tap2Fly and windsurfers. The gimbal adjustment is back and the 32 channel hack is still there. My horizon was about as dead on as it could have been so I'm happy as can be with this Go version.

Good stuff! Looking forward to my flying session tomorrow! :)

Reactions: ftttu
Just got back from my first flight with 3.0.1, and I'm happy to say that it was my longest at 7.4 miles total and 19,736'(3.373 miles) out using Tap2Fly and windsurfers. The gimbal adjustment is back and the 32 channel hack is still there. My horizon was about as dead on as it could have been so I'm happy as can be with this Go version.

Did they fix the center mark and grid disappearing every time you close the app?

Did they fix the center mark and grid disappearing every time you close the app?
I just got back, and yes they did. I flew with grids and a center point, I landed and turned everything off. I restarted everything and flew again with the grid and the center point still there. So far, this looks like the Go I've been waiting for.

3.0.1 working great . . no issues . . managed a "Live Stream" test to YouTube as well. No problems. . . and I like the larger numbers after using this a while. easier quick glance info when I'm mostly watching the P4 and just looking back occasionally. Gimbal was level and steady. Still like Litchi better for pre-planned tracks and automated panning manoeuvers. . . but 3.0.1 seems to be solid now.

Just came back from using up three battery packs, 3.0.1 was flawless, even got used to the new layout and love it!

This is what we've been waiting for![emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: RémyHeli and Kman
Just did a full hour (P4 3.0.1) today on 3 BATs . . . no issues. Very stable. Used course lock, way points, circle, home lock, video photos, lots of hand flown video twizzles all nice and smooth . . well smooth as I can fly anyway. I tested the collision avoidance on a wire fence. Switched back and forth through most camera and video modes and settings, HD 4K slow motion, in and out of stored photos while flying. I messed with the manual gimbal adjustment, normal p mode, sport and atti. I selected a new HOME position while in the air, took the BAT right down till RTH kicked in automatically and no glitches. . . (Still prefer a hand catch (I don't play baseball) so I cancelled before it landed).

Last edited:
Reactions: direkMel
Grid Line stay on now? i hope so

klnyc

ADOBE Picture-18.jpg
I still have MAJOR video glitches, green screen, pixelation, etc.
After a bunch of testings I found that if I turn OFF the "ENABLE HARDWARE DECODING" in main menu-camera the video is a lot better and stable. I use an IPad Air 2 with IOS 10.0.2 dedicated for P4 only with everything else turned off and P4 GO 3.0.1 app.
Somebody explain the ENABLE HARDWARE DECODING function please. Also the picture/video looks nicer/sharper with ENABLE HARDWARE DECODING disabled. With ENABLE HARDWARE DECODING off, is the IPad just a display only and with ENABLE HARDWARE DECODING enabled the video is processed by the IPad?
Here is a pic taken with the P4 with ENABLE HARDWARE DECODING disabled and P4/video stable.

Hardware decode is intended to use the GPU chip of A8 iDevice. Similar concept to many video editing softwares where effects are calculated by the graphic card instead the CPU. The idea is that a modern GPU has the ideal´skills' to compute graphical stuff so better using it.

If I'm correct this is done thru API's (Application Program Interface) provided by the GPU software company, i.e Nvidia for PC's. This is about interfacing stuff so both sides must interact correctly. Can be either DJI, Apple or both issue, and eventually iOS settings but less probable (thinking about energy saver mode when available).

I recall a post where DJI-Franck recommended to enable the hardware decode option for A8 processors, we however have no idea what are the exacts GPU supported.

Also found known issues reported with this option, have a look though old thread.

Enable Hardware Decode (ipad mini 2 vs iphone 6)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: direkMel
For me the problem started after the IOS 10 update and GO app 3.0.0. Have not changed any iPad Air 2 settings.
I don't know if any CPU or GPU parameters were changed in IOS 10 and GO app 3.0 but looks like there is a glitch or decode communication problem that is causing the GO app to glitch and have bad video Rx. Constantly at any distance I get green screen, half black screen, pixelation in the image or image freeze for 1-2 seconds. Looking at the P4 live and comparing with what is displayed on the screen do not match (turning the camera 180 in real life and image still shows straight image for 1-2 seconds before it catches up). Have disabled the hardware decode option and all improved 99%. I am inclined to believe that GO app 3.0.0 is the problem since it has incorporated codec for MAVIC drone now that operates on iPhone/iPad without a dedicated controller (RC) and for some reason the video in conjunction with the HARDWARE DECODING on RC is a bad idea.
Curious to know if I am the only one with this problem or are others out there. I have a P4 (never crashed or abused) paired with Inspire "C" RC with iPad Air 2 dedicated for P4 only, nothing else on it and everything is turned OFF. Same problem when paired with original P4 RC which proves is not an RC problem. Took my friend's P4 RC and paired it to my P4 and got the same problem. When the HARDWARE DECODING was turned OFF the problem looks like went away.

Makes sense. I'll check asap with my dedicated ipad mini 4 which is also A8, 10.0.2 and 3.0.1 and post findings here.

Good point! A8X has more cores, more cache, better overall performance and is newer. Agree different chip but let's test as discussed.

Hi guys. I have completed my testing as follows:

Looking to high load the video feed for more demanding CPU/GPU resources:
- 10Mbps image transmission (custom)
- double video output enabled (HDMI)

Various conditions of tests focusing on video feed area, mainly;
- with or without recording
- with or without video cache recording

Option toggle;
While enabling and disabling the hardware decode option I can see the image being shortly altered, for me evidence that the video feed gets modified real time and GO app doesn't need to be restarted. This will be confirmed below..

Movements;
Quick horizontal moves to visualize frame rate performance. By hand but ready to move at my RC field if doesn't work as expected.

With video feed custom @ 10 or 8 Mbps;
- Hardware decode enabled: Video feed is what is it, need to compare with next test..
- Harware decode disabled: video feed is clearly less smooth and gets blurry when doing fast horizontal movements, no doubts it's worse. Interesting..

So let's now switch the video feed to lower rates 6 and 4Mbps: Now I can't notice any difference anymore, with or without harware decode.

Conclusion;
Now I finally know why I was not able to see any difference until today: in my case there is no noticeable difference when operating with low and medium video feed rates as per my standard usage.

Notes:
Had some video interference during these tests but can't relate to the decode hardware option being enabled or not. No opinion on this.

I wanted to test Ipad battery consumption with and without option enabled, but I would need to fully recharge the Ipad for iOS to reset battery statistics. For now I leave that as I don't expected significant difference.

Last edited:
In AUTO set for HD with normal channels (without 32 hack), what is bandwidth? 4-6-8-10Mbps?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik