Is DJI Go app disabled because I have not registered my drone?

Reaction score
I haven't flown my Phantom 3 professional for months and I got a new phone so tried to install DJI Go app but it wont connect to the camera. During installation DJI Go took me to a reminder message about changes in UK drone law and had 2 options, click on register or ignore/ok the message. I clicked on ignore/ok because I don't want to register and pay if the drone or RC is faulty but do plan registering the drone before flying once I know its not faulty. Do you think DJI has disabled the app because I've not registered the drone?. Thanks in advance, Damian.

Reactions: Capt KO
I may be missing something, but you have to register with DJI to fly the first time.
You wouldn't be able to start the motors.

Does your old phone still work?
Can you start the motors?
Do you get everything but the camera?

Wow, First Post. What have been doing? ;)

Welcome to the Forum! :)

Rod

Reactions: Capt KO
I haven't flown my Phantom 3 professional for months and I got a new phone so tried to install DJI Go app but it wont connect to the camera. During installation DJI Go took me to a reminder message about changes in UK drone law and had 2 options, click on register or ignore/ok the message. I clicked on ignore/ok because I don't want to register and pay if the drone or RC is faulty but do plan registering the drone before flying once I know its not faulty. Do you think DJI has disabled the app because I've not registered the drone?. Thanks in advance, Damian.
I would first suspect your new phone. I have that problem binding my G7 with a Phantom vision +. Doesn't work, had to go back to my old G4, works great. YMMV

Thanks for the replies, I managed to get my phone to connect to the camera, previously all I could do was start the rotors, move the gimble with the DJI Go app saying disconnected. I reset the RC by holding C1 + C2 + camera button + on/off to switch off the RC then keeping all my fingers on the buttons to switch back on. Then I pressed the reset button on the drone for 2 seconds, this did the trick and the RC and drone re-linked. I took a break from flying and the problem seemed to happen after months of non use where the drone was fine beforehand, in that time I had got a new phone so thought initially that was at fault. The RC was also switching off before reaching full charge (3 bars) and making a faint bleeping noise so I though the remote could also be at fault. I’m over the moon its working again but now I have to register and sit the online test, which I don’t mind as I want to stay legal. Thanks again for all your help, ATB, Damian.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1