I owe all of you a sincere thanks-so Thanks

Reaction score
Long story short-Im a noob who ,if not for this forum matching my every google search verbatim,wouldnt know where to begin.Not one post is lame if you ask me.
With that being said let me get on to my lame questions-lol.
Im in Cincinnati-great cityscape without any major obstacles from my vantage point-and its the first snow of the year-light-good visibility and weak winds.
My first official question is:
Do I HAVE to be so afraid of the weather or can my Phantom 4 handle the light snow without any real threat?..If your answers yes then would scotch taping the cracks along the outer shell prevent moisture from damaging my baby?

Hi and welcome to the forum. Its debatable with flying in light snow. Its been done many times before and some people advice against it. You will never get 100% yes or no on this question. Important thing is to dry it when it lands. If it helps... I flew in fog and it was covered in water... I mean... Looked like it had a shower. Camera was wet and everything. But.. After drying it... It made a slightly loud humming noise louder then usual. But after an hour it sounded normal. Plus no problems at all flying

Neon Euc

Reactions: Sunnaroe
Welcome to forum. Phantoms are not designed or intended to get wet or operate in snow period. I you choose to take that risk, you may be lucky as others have, but it's luck not good choices in minimising risk. If you are asking for guidance - don't do it! Any other choice boils down to luck and that's not going to ensure your baby's longevity.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20