I have a phantom 4 controller/xmitter that will not sync.

Reaction score
I have a new transmitter for my phantom 4 (new used) it started out with the charging led problem where once plugged in one led would blink a few times and then it would go dead. Refloated the solder around the relevant connections and it's now charging and behaving like it is supposed to except when I try to sync it to my phantom 4 it goes to the check frequency prompt and I click yes (I don't know how to even check the frequencies) but it then puts away the freq popup and does nothing. I've tried enabling sync on the drone with the little led/button and it makes no difference. After the chk freq popup is confirmed, it does nothing. There's no instruction pop up about how to sync to the drone or anything. Just sits there.

Oh yes, it says that the firmware is the latest update.

Any idea how I can get past this problem, anyone?? What am I doing wrong or what can I do to complete syncing? If you need more information don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a new transmitter for my phantom 4 (new used) it started out with the charging led problem where once plugged in one led would blink a few times and then it would go dead. Refloated the solder around the relevant connections and it's now charging and behaving like it is supposed to except when I try to sync it to my phantom 4 it goes to the check frequency prompt and I click yes (I don't know how to even check the frequencies) but it then puts away the freq popup and does nothing. I've tried enabling sync on the drone with the little led/button and it makes no difference. After the chk freq popup is confirmed, it does nothing. There's no instruction pop up about how to sync to the drone or anything. Just sits there.

Oh yes, it says that the firmware is the latest update.

Any idea how I can get past this problem, anyone?? What am I doing wrong or what can I do to complete syncing? If you need more information don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks in advance for any help.
This is the link light ,need pin or needle to press
20180908_102828.jpg

This is the link light ,need pin or needle to pressView attachment 103226
sorry I not read fully,when it says check frequency it does that itself ,this is when press link button,does it flash or what colour of lights when this is happening, are you using app under rc linking when doin this,,it might need a manual link without the app conected,,

Here's a manual relink link with out the app,try this method then restart all and try conect to app aswell
Screenshot_20180325-193131.jpg
.......there's a pdf phantom 4 manual that can be downloaded it's free and all info in there,

Reactions: keverett
Sir, you have been very helpful. I will try the things you suggested as soon as tonight. I have one further question at this point: What is the "right dial"? Thanks so much again.

20180908_124456.jpg
Sir, you have been very helpful. I will try the things you suggested as soon as tonight. I have one further question at this point: What is the "right dial"? Thanks so much again.
Sweet, left dial pans cam up and down right dial changes brightness of cam and when pressed in it works like a button,,
20180908_110122.jpg
here

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that worked ... to some degree. So, many thanks for your help! Definitely hooked up to the drone but there are issues. No picture on the screen. Says it's ready to fly in dji go but when you select take off, it comes back take off failed. Also, I can't save changes in the settings. Sometimes comes back with instructions failed to send try again later. Front facing obstacle avoidance is reading the correct distance for obstacles. Battery level read on the RC for the drone is correct. When I click the top left green bar the indices come up "normal". When I try to sync to the drone (again just for a test) I still don't get the pop up telling me to push the button on the drone. Does any of this ring a bell?
Thanks again for all of your help!

Last edited:
Late reply..have you tryed another device to illiminate phone fault,also I would delete zip file that comes with app and reinstall djigo4,hope this gives better result

Another late reply. I'll give your suggestion a shot. I've got bigger fish to fry now, tho. My video has gone out on the P4. Great!

Late reply..have you tryed another device to illiminate phone fault,also I would delete zip file that comes with app and reinstall djigo4,hope this gives better result

I received a used P4 last week and I too had similar issues as the OP. Using another device cleaned it right up. Works perfectly now. I was using a designated Samsung Tablet, originally. Ran into problems, then just hooked up my iPhone. I definitely need to buy another ipad (we have 4 Pro's in the house), just for the P4, but it'll be worth it if I can get to a much larger screen...flying with the phone isn't all that exciting for me, because it's difficult to see...

Well... It doesn't work on my Samsung 7 or my Tab E and I don't have any other devices to try it on. I wish there was a patch to hook it up to a laptop or pc, if only for troubleshooting. Thanks for the suggestion. If I have a chance to try another device I'll give it a shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers