I finally learned how to capture the DJI Go view

Reaction score
Thanks to whoever it was who wrote the post I read yesterday about how to capture screen video on an Android device! I downloaded AZ Screen Recorder last night. Thanks!

I integrated just a few short segments of the screen video into the video from my P3P flight this morning.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: JohnnyB
That is such a neat feature. I haven't done a flying test with the ios version, but don't see any problems. It is dark at 3:30. Maybe one day DJI will put it in the DJI Go App. Like Litchi. Using this could help solve problems. I can't believe how much I have learned from this forum. Just got to finish learning Litchi, how to edit, and Utube. Long winters are a good time to do it.

Bigbells. Have you had any issues using it? Nice video.

Nice BB! I have to say those were the best groomed fields I believe I have ever seen! They had borders! Haha Super nice place and liked your ending! Waving back atcha!

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Bigbells
Yesterday's flight: everything worked fine. Today's flight: I was having trouble transferring the video and accidentally deleted it. Tomorrow's another day.

But: yesterday's flight was with my P3P and DJI Go. Today's flight was with my Autel X-Star Premium and Starpoint. There was a problem today from the get-go because the X-Star's recording and camera buttons and the camera settings buttons didn't work. The screen recording worked but the aircraft recording (to the onboard micro-SD card) was not working. I don't know if there's any relationship between the X-Star recording not engaging and my later problems with the AZ Screen Recorder video. I watched the AZ Screen Recorder video of the entire 11 minute flight but, alas, I can't now prove that it ever existed. :eek:

Last edited:
Disregard my previous report of failure. The video from yesterday's flight showed up, finally, 1 hour and 25 minutes after I posted the message last night saying that the video had been deleted. Also, the non-engagement of the X-Star onboard camera seems completely unrelated to anything except a one-time snafu with the X-Star's Starpoint app.

The reason the video took so long to show up was that I uploaded it to my computer via a wi-fi connection that took a LONG time to do it. There's a fast way to upload the video using a URL that worked successfully the first time I used it, but for the second flight I either forgot how to do that, or the method for doing it that way did not work on the second flight.

Yay!

It's pouring rain right now or I'd be flying!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here's a couple minutes of FPV video from the viewing screen of the tail end of yesterday's flight. Notice that the camera controls for the quad copter are grayed out, a one-time problem of unknown origin.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Drone Flown Media

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.