P4P+ No maps away from Wifi. What am I doing wrong? **Solved!!!** Phantom 4 Pro plus users will be happy to read this

Excellent. Let us know how that goes.
Second part of our problem--> naming the saved OFFLINE MAP typo glitch<-- is SOLVED!!!

From Lance at DJI:

"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical support.

We appreciate your efforts in performing some troubleshooting steps as suggested. Please allow me to continue assisting you.

In regards to this, it seems that auto-correction or next-word suggestions is enabled in the settings. We can try disabling it by following the steps below:

- Power on the remote controller.
- Go to "System Settings"
- Tap "Language & Input"
- Tap "Android Keyboard" or what is the current keyboard you are using.
- Tap "Auto-correction" and set it to "Off"
- Then tap "Show correction suggestions" and set it to always hide.
- After that, uncheck the "Next-word" suggestions.

You may now check if the issue will still persist after performing the steps above. please do not hesitate to contact us back again."

Note: "troubleshooting steps as suggested" was to check that I had updated firmware and DJI GO4 app, which was all up-to-date.

Reactions: CR125Honda
Archaeo,
That was a pretty fast reply from DJI.
Tried following the instruction as posted but had to find another work around.
When I tried as posted, it would not let me uncheck the "Next-word" suggestions box.

Re-arranged the instruction orders.

Turn on controller
Press Settings icon (gear)
Press System Settings
Press Language & Input
Press Android Keyboard (ASOP)

Start with - uncheck "Next-word" suggestions

Then tap "Auto-correction" and set it to "Off"
Then tap "Show correction suggestions" and set it to "Always hide".

Tried saving a new map and - It worked!

Sent the instruction update to DJI tech support.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archaeo Drone
Cr125honda and Archaeo

Thank the two of you for these hints I have been running into this with my P4 Pro Plus obsidian and I just keep going away from it.
I had previously tried to find the solution and could not!

This is a great help thank you

Unless there is something very different about the plus monitor, it should work as we have described. While connected to wi-fi...zoom in and out on the area you wish to fly. Then turn off the device wi-fi. The maps should be cached at that point, but only in the area that you have zoomed in and out of, any additional mapping will not be available outside of that area until you re-connect to wi-fi and change the area you wish to fly.
What ever happened to being able to download a LARGE area around where you are and simply using this going forward? The area you can get now is very small compared to what you used to be able to download. You previously could download almost an entire state's area and no matter where you roamed within it you were good. Also, can you stop the downloaded info. from being erased every time you connect to wifi? It never used to go away after downloading unless you re-downloaded a different area-map.

Reactions: Archaeo Drone
What ever happened to being able to download a LARGE area around where you are and simply using this going forward? The area you can get now is very small compared to what you used to be able to download. You previously could download almost an entire state's area and no matter where you roamed within it you were good. Also, can you stop the downloaded info. from being erased every time you connect to wifi? It never used to go away after downloading unless you re-downloaded a different area-map.
I am not sure what is happening to you. The downloaded maps on my P4P+ remain until I delete them. I have 2 maps saved right now.

I also agree about the small size of the map we are allowed to download. It needs to be bigger and the interface more user friendly.

I haven't been doing this very long. When I do an "outward pinch" to zoom on the area of the map I want to download, the rectangular box gets bigger. There is no scale legend but I'm going to guess the boxed area is a little over a mile tall and maybe 4 miles wide. I haven't tried it away from home yet to know if the map stops at those edges or continues and the detail is reduced. Will try to remember and report back when I do that.

Archaeo,
That was a pretty fast reply from DJI.
Tried following the instruction as posted but had to find another work around.
When I tried as posted, it would not let me uncheck the "Next-word" suggestions box.

Re-arranged the instruction orders.

Start with - uncheck "Next-word" suggestions

Then tap "Auto-correction" and set it to "Off"
Then tap "Show correction suggestions" and set it to always hide.

Tried saving a new map and - It worked!

Sent the instruction update to DJI tech support.
Where are these "Auto-Correction", etc. options set from on the Plus controller?

Where are these "Auto-Correction", etc. options set from on the Plus controller?
I'll revise the instructions from turning the remote controller on.
Check post #22 above.

Hi All,

Can I ask a stupid question?? I am very new to the hobby, I have a P3Pro I am still practising but I have only used my garden, so I am very close to the house WIFI..I have not yet gone out to the local fields that I was planning to go to, but saw THIS thread on maps and now worried!!!.. Do I need maps for the field that I am going to?? Do I have to down load maps for every where I intend to go like holidays etc?? Any help much appreciated..Keep Safe..

Len

if you cant see or download the map you can install a newer version dji does usually let you here HiDrive the password is help100 !!THIS ONLY WORKS ON THE GL300E MODEL AKA THE PHANTOM 4 PRO 1.0 PLUS REMOTE!!

The Pro+ has definitely been a blessing and a curse, I prefer the built in screen but cant stand the limitations, FB being the most obvious. Will definitely have to check out the offline maps info, thanks for that!

Hi All,

Can I ask a stupid question?? I am very new to the hobby, I have a P3Pro I am still practising but I have only used my garden, so I am very close to the house WIFI..I have not yet gone out to the local fields that I was planning to go to, but saw THIS thread on maps and now worried!!!.. Do I need maps for the field that I am going to?? Do I have to down load maps for every where I intend to go like holidays etc??

Don't conflate "downloading maps" with the craft being able to navigate via gps reception. They are 2 different things. If your smart device has a data connection, either on wifi or cellular, it will download maps and / or imagery for you to see on the screen. You can "cache" this data by simply opening up GO on your device while you have a data connection even if you do not connect the craft. pan around where you intend to fly and the map data will be stored for use in the field, even without a data connection in the field. If you do not do this, nor have a data connection in the field, your craft will fly just as always. But you will not have the map or satellite background image on your screen for reference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31