I crashed my drone this morning

Reaction score
Well on my 63rd flight I made a mistake and clipped a black walnut tree. I was out filming early and used two batteries in flight time. I got some great video, really close to some trees and ponds. I was out about 4,000 ft and had a great flight. I was bringing her home and that's when I clipped the tree in my yard. This tree was about 20 ft from my home point!!i glanced down at my phone for a brief second and I put it right into the tree. They always say accidents happen close to home. Im blaming it on not enough coffee!! I'm so bummed out. Thankfully I have a P3A in route to me now. Here are some pics of the wreckage.
45d0bafeb0524ecfb0a3f25f8b49ba89.jpg
29d2c1f3a600e3096350706b8e5bbd65.jpg
bd22620c7c31508d0dd6c804c721fa1d.jpg
155461cc4a43b73fb4f92863c278e09b.jpg
1bbdbfc2d7acdc226dd6a1dad340b884.jpg
IMG

ahh bad day indeed, sorry about the Crash Brother, on a positive note flying RC is just lake riding a motorcycle in that there are two types of Riders those who have crashed and those who will crash. Hopefully this one is your last. I haven't crashed RC stuff for a good long time but I certainly crashed in the past. and Yep I've even crashed my motorcycle thank goodness the motorcycle crash was my only one in 30 years it was a painful one. if everything is still working Id fix it up and use it for those flights where their could be trouble save your Advance for safe flight

Reactions: Newbieguy
The crazy thing is I filmed some fairly difficult shots. In close with trees and some over water shots. The tree that got me was 20 ft from my home point. I took my eyes off of it for a second. I have dji sending me a shipping label. We shall see how much it will cost to fix it.

ahh bad day indeed, sorry about the Crash Brother, on a positive note flying RC is just lake riding a motorcycle in that there are two types of Riders those who have crashed and those who will crash. Hopefully this one is your last. I haven't crashed RC stuff for a good long time but I certainly crashed in the past. and Yep I've even crashed my motorcycle thank goodness the motorcycle crash was my only one in 30 years it was a painful one. if everything is still working Id fix it up and use it for those flights where their could be trouble save your Advance for safe flight
I never laid my street bike down. When comes to off trail, I quit that in my 20’s. I think off trail made me a better street rider.
In relating to drones, I hope after my p3 s I quit doing stupid things. I’m trying to baby my p4.

I never laid my street bike down. When comes to off trail, I quit that in my 20’s. I think off trail made me a better street rider.
In relating to drones, I hope after my p3 s I quit doing stupid things. I’m trying to baby my p4.

I'm probably going to sell my harley. I just don't ride it as much as I used to.
7f3c88cf1aa50417286f782aa85328ae.jpg

I feel for ya! My first and only (so far) crash was in a tree in my own yard, from about 20 feet up with my then brand new P3P. Fortunately I had a slightly softer landing. Broke the gimbal arm and the flex cable to the camera. I was able to fix it myself for about $100. That was about 18 months ago. I've been much more careful since, and a little experience helps, too. Good luck.

I feel for ya! My first and only (so far) crash was in a tree in my own yard, from about 20 feet up with my then brand new P3P. Fortunately I had a slightly softer landing. Broke the gimbal arm and the flex cable to the camera. I was able to fix it myself for about $100. That was about 18 months ago. I've been much more careful since, and a little experience helps, too. Good luck.
I have a zenmuse Z3, for which the gimbal arm broke in a crash. Can you suggest some parts to fix it? Sorry for asking this question in this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_20170908_180318683.jpg
    IMG_20170908_180318683.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 601
  • IMG_20170908_180310644.jpg
    IMG_20170908_180310644.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 571
Well on my 63rd flight I made a mistake and clipped a black walnut tree. I was out filming early and used two batteries in flight time. I got some great video, really close to some trees and ponds. I was out about 4,000 ft and had a great flight. I was bringing her home and that's when I clipped the tree in my yard. This tree was about 20 ft from my home point!!i glanced down at my phone for a brief second and I put it right into the tree. They always say accidents happen close to home. Im blaming it on not enough coffee!! I'm so bummed out. Thankfully I have a P3A in route to me now. Here are some pics of the wreckage.
45d0bafeb0524ecfb0a3f25f8b49ba89.jpg
29d2c1f3a600e3096350706b8e5bbd65.jpg
bd22620c7c31508d0dd6c804c721fa1d.jpg
155461cc4a43b73fb4f92863c278e09b.jpg
1bbdbfc2d7acdc226dd6a1dad340b884.jpg
IMG
Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggg,bad morning picture,,:(

I laid 1 street bike down and several dirt bikes. Riding the trails absolutely helped my road riding skills. I've owned 6 different dirt bikes in my lifetime my biggest mistake was buying a CR 500. I'm a gung ho SOB, when no laws apply I ride it like I stole it. Clocked that CR 500 at 135 mph on blacktop by my uncle who was at the time Harford co police officer. He told me I'll be attending your funeral if you keep that thing so please get rid of it. didn't listen and yep I rode it hard even in the woods on tiny trail systems up shale hill faces, jumped every thing I could including 4 sets of train tracks and the Patapsco River. Needless to say I dropped that bike a bit a few times. The last time I was riding wheelies had just got into 3rd gear and a deer ran across the dirt road I was on I laid the bike over broke my left hand and wrist up real nice and was picking gravel bits out of my knees and elbows. I ride street bikes with respect and very gently lol

I laid 1 street bike down and several dirt bikes. Riding the trails absolutely helped my road riding skills. I've owned 6 different dirt bikes in my lifetime my biggest mistake was buying a CR 500. I'm a gung ho SOB, when no laws apply I ride it like I stole it. Clocked that CR 500 at 135 mph on blacktop by my uncle who was at the time Harford co police officer. He told me I'll be attending your funeral if you keep that thing so please get rid of it. didn't listen and yep I rode it hard even in the woods on tiny trail systems up shale hill faces, jumped every thing I could including 4 sets of train tracks and the Patapsco River. Needless to say I dropped that bike a bit a few times. The last time I was riding wheelies had just got into 3rd gear and a deer ran across the dirt road I was on I laid the bike over broke my left hand and wrist up real nice and was picking gravel bits out of my knees and elbows. I ride street bikes with respect and very gently lol
wow! do you fly like you ride?!?

Bummer mate. I crashed and lost my first standard not watching it, but the screen. Hit a cable I wouldn't have seen anyway, but it went into a river never to be seen again.

You may want to consider a Phavic conversion kit to rebuild your Phantom in the Mavic style. Since you have a P3A in route, it would offer a bit of variety.

wow! do you fly like you ride?!?
I used to yes, Hence my Name Epicdoom when I crashed RC planes it was on a grand scale. I drove a 6 foot wingspan nitro plane so deep into the ground the engine broke in 4 pieces. My chief Financial advisor (Wife) made sure I stopped being a reckless individual when she slash my budget to 0 dollars 0 cents. I haven't crashed anything in a very loooooong time
Picture of my Bike I'd pout like a 3 year old if something happened to this bike even a scratch
my VTX.JPG

I flew the drone a little seemed fine. I wonder what they will charge to fix that camera bracket?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164