I crashed my bird into the ECB, **** happens ... :-)

Reaction score
deleted ... you guys are a pain ...

Last edited:
That what happens when you fly on the other side of a building blocking your signal. Suckz

Reactions: omarkatwe
That what happens when you fly on the other side of a building blocking your signal. Suckz

Nope ... I wasnt on the other side of the building ... I was all the time in direct sight line to the bird. But I am used to fly with "dynamic home Point" enabled. For some reason this was disabled this time. So the bird was not coming back to me. It was heading to the original starting point.

lessons learned ... check your settings ... preflight check ...

Reactions: Goldni
An app that provides an autonomous orbit mode would be my suggestion for your next flight.

Last edited:
Lucky nobody was hurt or there wasn't damage to the building....(that you know of). You couldn't take back control of the bird by switching to ATTI?

Another good thing to remember is to check rth height before you fly away.

Sorry for your loss.

I always cringe when I see video like this.

That's why it's ALWAYS smart to find out the tallest object in the area you'll be flying in and set the RTH height accordingly.

Question:
How were you always in LOS, were you above that building in a high-rise or something? :confused:

If you were moving while controlling the bird, where were you? At the base of the building? It looks like it went about 150 degrees from the spot the video started. That would be hard to keep up with if you were walking or running in an urban area (car?). Nice nighttime video!

Sorry for your lost This video makes me do pre flight checks when I get my drone this week.
RTH height check is a must with each flight.

An app that provides an autonomous orbit mode would be my suggestion for your next flight.

As I know no app which will continue to do the autonomous flight when the signal is lost I guess it would not change anything in result ... All apps I know are returning home in that cases ...

Another good thing to remember is to check rth height before you fly away.

Hi .
If you were moving while controlling the bird, where were you? At the base of the building? It looks like it went about 150 degrees from the spot the video started. That would be hard to keep up with if you were walking or running in an urban area (car?). Nice nighttime video!

Was standing in clear line to the bird, at 0:30 you will see on the left side a bridge. This is roughly the position I was, it is just about 300 meters away ...

As I know no app which will continue to do the autonomous flight when the signal is lost I guess it would not change anything in result ... All apps I know are returning home in that cases ...
As far as I know, the GO app continues a mission if signal is lost. A manually executed RTH will bring the P3 back to the home point, but a signal loss while executing a mission will not stop the mission and will not execute an automatic RTH.

Note that I have only read this here and on the DJI forum. I haven't tested it myself so I can't speak from personal experience. It makes sense though. Side note: you do know that dynamic home point does not change on its own, right?

Auto RTH lost with new features? | DJI Phantom Forum

Last edited:
Reactions: JBG

The Litch app will continue any mission, even if signal is lost, but it is not a cure for incorrect RTH altitude settings.
Once signal is regained, take control and fly home. If you can't regain signal, then your craft will continue the mission until a low battery sends it on an RTH. If your RTH altitude is not set higher than any of the objects between home and the craft, that is the end of your craft.

Reactions: JBG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20