I crashed my bird into the ECB, **** happens ... :-)

Actually, dynamic home point DOES change on its own. The P3P, however does not offer dynamic home point, unlike the P2. It only offers manual static home point updating, which I have repeatedly tried to clarify, but everyone keeps mistakenly still calling it dynamic home point, which it is not!:rolleyes:
Same as all of us always trying to clarify with people that it is not dynamic. Thanks for confirming what I told him. The more that people hear it the better. Yup, not dynamic. At least not in the way they think it is.

The problem is, if we tell people manual static home point, most of them wont know what the hell we are talking about since it is widely referred to as dynamic home point by almost everyone as you said. This includes almost all of the moderators and staff.

Our next task should be to repeatedly tell the world that the Phantom should only be called a quad-copter.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and Signals
Yes, never, ever use the D word. "Hey is that a d___"? "No mam this is a quad copter." "Would you like to see it?" That is my approach. And yes the word Dynamic should never be used as it confuses me to hear it and thinking there is some new unknown feature. lol.

Same as all of us always trying to clarify with people that it is not dynamic. Thanks for confirming what I told him. The more that people hear it the better. Yup, not dynamic. At least not in the way they think it is.

The problem is, if we tell people manual static home point, most of them wont know what the hell we are talking about since it is widely referred to as dynamic home point by almost everyone as you said. This includes almost all of the moderators and staff.

Our next task should be to repeatedly tell the world that the Phantom should only be called a quad-copter.
It is even more confusing because the P2v+ actually does offer a dynamic home point that updates every second, so the distinction is critical for anyone who thinks that the P3 offers it, too, when it only offers home point resetting to the current transmitter location each time you reset it, but never automatically. As long as I know how it works, I won't worry about anyone else. Y'all have been edumucated enough on this topic!:cool:

I beta tested AirNest and it will continue mission when signal is lost. Almost sh** my pants when I lost signal for 2 minutes though!!
That's a real benefit, because you can use it to fly behind and around objects that will block the RC signal, to shoot the back side of the moon, as it were. As long as the GPS satellites are available, it will go where you programmed it, and then return home. True autonomous flight!

Next time try the Litchi orbit function. Allowed me to do this with no input from me during the orbit:

I've just started using Litchi too. Did you fly manually to the orbit point, then initiate orbit, or did you do a way point mission, then tag an orbit mission on the end?

I've just started using Litchi too. Did you fly manually to the orbit point, then initiate orbit, or did you do a way point mission, then tag an orbit mission on the end?
I flew out and initiated from inside the circle. It was about a mile from where I was positioned and I wanted to make sure I had the altitude I wanted in the real world as opposed to Google Earth.

Reactions: Wacker2611

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20