I cant believe it!!!

These batteries are horrible about losing their charge after a few days so dont charge your battery and then a week later think that you can just hit the skies.

The auto discharge is a feature to keep the battery from sitting for too long with too much of a charge. You can set the time before the discharge starts in the DJIGo app. It's a good idea to charge your batteries the day of or the day before you plan to fly. I don't leave on a long car trip without fuel and I wouldn't leave the runway in plane without enough fuel. It should go without saying that you need to know your battery levels before beginning a flight but it seems to happen rather often.

I thought Changedout was the worst of the 2. That's who I was gonna report. Let's all grow up, stop this and move on. Or else a mod is gonna step in and do it for you. Stop now. log off and relax
:cool:

The auto discharge is a feature to keep the battery from sitting for too long with too much of a charge. You can set the time before the discharge starts in the DJIGo app. It's a good idea to charge your batteries the day of or the day before you plan to fly. I don't leave on a long car trip without fuel and I wouldn't leave the runway in plane without enough fuel. It should go without saying that you need to know your battery levels before beginning a flight but it seems to happen rather often.
So, what would be a reason to change the auto-discharge settings since it is designed to maximize battery life? Those batteries are much too expensive to experiment with the life. I probably have more invested in accessories than the actual quad. I know that they also offer this feature for laptop PCs so you dont keep the battery fully charged if it is just sitting around on AC power all the time. Just a problem remembering to change it and fully charge when you are going mobile.

Reactions: mapwd1702
So, what would be a reason to change the auto-discharge settings since it is designed to maximize battery life?
I'm assuming it's a personal thing for the user to decide. The longer you leave a full or almost full charge in the batteries without using them, the more it will affect the life of the battery. You can set the auto-discharge from 1-10 days. I personally don't think leaving them 10 days would cause enough degradation to make a difference but I am no battery expert. I have mine set for 3 days. That gives at least 2 days to use them and if I don't during that time, I just recharge before the next flight.

Reactions: Russ43Phantom
I often fly UNDER a tree canopy along a tree lined path. In these cases, I set RTH altitude to it's minimum value. If you are flying where sometimes you are under a canopy and sometimes you need to fly over obstacles, you should set you drone to HOVER at signal loss (of course you must be within VLOS to attempt to find where it is hovering). It's very tempting to ignor your settings for loss of signal (RTH, HOVER). That should be a part of your pre-flight routine.

Simple way to check your battery is to push the button on the batt once and release. If all lights do not illuminate, it would be a good idea to charge first.

I'm a four month newbie, but don't you mean push battery button TWICE?

I thought one push gives you a read of overall battery life...

Two pushes gives you IMMEDIATE battery power available.

I'm I wrong?

I'm a four month newbie, but don't you mean push battery button TWICE?

I thought one push gives you a read of overall battery life...

Two pushes gives you IMMEDIATE battery power available.

I'm I wrong?

No - that's not correct. One push gives current state of charge. Push and hold for 5 seconds gives overall battery life.

Reactions: mapwd1702 and Oso
"Two pushes gives you IMMEDIATE battery power available."
Maybe?
Two pushes gives you IMMEDIATE battery power :D

Wow, this thread got ugly for a while. :eek:

Ok, Here is a funny one.

How avoid fly-away's when close to home?

Start your car and your Phantom at 1/8 of capacity. :eek: :rolleyes: :)

Rod

Reactions: macoman
Well just wanted to let everyone know my phantom is on her way home with everything fixed and ready to go
Good fo you. Make sure you read the manual, keep it close for reference, and only fly with a fully charged battery. Reset your critical battery setting to 10/11% and the warning to 25/30 percent.

Reactions: pomonabill220
I have had my drone now for a month. I have read studied every word and book telling me about the dos and dont. Well i got my new ipad holder in installed it on my controller. I am doing great until i was bring it home 5 ft from the ground and the drone shoots straight up into the air and goes left right into a tree bounces off ground break camera off and body arm in cracked. I didn't even know what went wrong i thought i got the Dji Care plan at store but i guess Walmart didn't add I wasn't thinking so called dji and I am sending it back tomorrow I just don"t know what to do!!!! It a phantom 3 standard

I had a similar problem even though My DJI did not break except one propeller and I replaced it right on the spot. Mine did exactly what you described went up and down and then went left and right BUT the problem I had was that the wind became gusting with full force without warning. I was not given the chance to even calculate the Wind Speed even though it was not pretty windy that day at all and so mine was a result of a very strong wind that it went left and right and up and down and until it hit my own car and I was in a place where there is no civilizations for hundreds and hundreds of miles.

The place is called Destruction Bay, Yukon Territory Canada and I wanted to take some videos of the glaciers and the beautiful lake but ended up minor scratching my own car LOL due to some strong gusting wind force.

Sometimes strong wind can easily destabilize the drone without any warning.

My other videos came out to be awsome and took some nice shots of the mountain terrain.

This is what I could think of, perhapse the flight log will indicate what went wrong.

Hope you figure it out and if you do het tue results please share so that we can benefit as well.

Thanks

I had a similar problem even though My DJI did not break except one propeller and I replaced it right on the spot. Mine did exactly what you described went up and down and then went left and right BUT the problem I had was that the wind became gusting with full force without warning. I was not given the chance to even calculate the Wind Speed even though it was not pretty windy that day at all and so mine was a result of a very strong wind that it went left and right and up and down and until it hit my own car and I was in a place where there is no civilizations for hundreds and hundreds of miles.

The place is called Destruction Bay, Yukon Territory Canada and I wanted to take some videos of the glaciers and the beautiful lake but ended up minor scratching my own car LOL due to some strong gusting wind force.

Sometimes strong wind can easily destabilize the drone without any warning.

My other videos came out to be awsome and took some nice shots of the mountain terrain.

This is what I could think of, perhapse the flight log will indicate what went wrong.

Hope you figure it out and if you do het tue results please share so that we can benefit as well.

Thanks

The explanation was determined from the flight log and discussed on page 1 of this thread. You should read it.

Reactions: GTA

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4