I cant believe it!!!

Reaction score
I have had my drone now for a month. I have read studied every word and book telling me about the dos and dont. Well i got my new ipad holder in installed it on my controller. I am doing great until i was bring it home 5 ft from the ground and the drone shoots straight up into the air and goes left right into a tree bounces off ground break camera off and body arm in cracked. I didn't even know what went wrong i thought i got the Dji Care plan at store but i guess Walmart didn't add I wasn't thinking so called dji and I am sending it back tomorrow I just don"t know what to do!!!! It a phantom 3 standard

Reactions: One_crazy_dude
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer Follow the instructions to upload your flight record. Come back and post a link to the report. Someone here might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
Just my guess is that you may have lost GPS or Compass issue and the drone started been out of control. But follow the instructions in the beginning of my post and we will have a precise data that show what happened.

What did DJI say?

One thing you can start with is the flight log. And was there any video?

I hear IOS is not as easy to upload the flight log so here's a video that may help.

Reactions: mymgb
What did DJI say?

I hear IOS is not as easy to upload the flight log so here's a video that may help.

Bryan cox
Newyes i just save the flight records to my computer

What did DJI say?

They send me a shipping label and said ship it to them its only 3 weeks old

here is my flight log

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-09-11_[17-18-04].txt
    102.4 KB · Views: 553
Well i was able to get my flied log it saod speed error speed was 0 then up again then down dont really know how to read it

i just upload them from my pc
Got it. I'm looking at it now. Two major red flags from the start
1) You took off with low battery. 27% is too low to begin a new mission. Most pilots bring it home at 30%
2) Strong Interference Detected. Be careful when flying long distances

Later in the flight{

3) At 8 minutes you were down to 23%. The A/C determined it needed to go home based on remaining power.
4) Speed error at 8M 41S. Don't know what that means but it appears you were hovering but still 168 feet from home while trying to land?

I think it was attempting to go home....177 feet away.

Got it. I'm looking at it now. Two major red flags from the start
1) You took off with low battery. 27% is too low to begin a new mission. Most pilots bring it home at 30%
2) Strong Interference Detected. Be careful when flying long distances

Later in the flight{

3) At 8 minutes you were down to 23%. The A/C determined it needed to go home based on remaining power.
4) Speed error at 8M 41S. Don't know what that means but it appears you were hovering but still 168 feet from home while trying to land?

I think it was attempting to go home....177 feet away.

Correct analysis. The speed error at 8' 41" was after it had crashed into the tree - you can disregard that.

Unfortunately you were attempting to land next to those trees 170 ft from the home point at 23% battery when it went into low power RTH. That was why it took off again - it was going back to the home point.
Yup, SAR104 nailed it. Moving forward....understand what the app is telling you. You may have been able to cancel the RTH but when its a low power RTH, I don't know. Check your settings and see what your "critical" battery is set. I think 10% is the default.

so i guess the news is I didn't think when it landed the first time it shot back up into a tree i guess i might as well try to fix it myself cause I bet DJI tech are going to say it was pilot error and i will be charged god knows how much to fix it

so i guess the news is I didn't think when it landed the first time it shot back up into a tree i guess i might as well try to fix it myself cause I bet DJI tech are going to say it was pilot error and i will be charged god knows how much to fix it

Unfortunately they most likely will call that pilot error, but it's perhaps worth asking them anyway.

I think that the primary lesson is to plan your flight carefully before you take off, and think about any and all autonomous actions that might be initiated during flight. And don't take off with only 27% battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4