I bricked my p3s with ftp range mod - let's fix it together

Just a warning: Do _not_ change the rcS file when booting from the backup file system. It has to be the rcS-file mounted from mtd3 or else you could lose the backup file system as well.

If you recreate the rcS (i.e. delete it) you have to change permissions of the file in order to get it to boot: chmod a+rx rcS.

Just a warning: Do _not_ change the rcS file when booting from the backup file system. It has to be the rcS-file mounted from mtd3 or else you could lose the backup file system as well.

If you recreate the rcS (i.e. delete it) you have to change permissions of the file in order to get it to boot: chmod a+rx rcS.
Could you please share an image of uart adapter connected to wifi module? I'm going to update the 1st post with recovery instruction for remote. Or you can just write it youself as steo-by-step and I'll place it.
I'm also interested how have you found out that there is a backup copy of kernel out there?

Last edited:
Ok, I'll take some photos, though I've disconnected it now.

I found out there were actually two firmware and two root partitions in u-boot by listing them. Also you can see that when it boots. So I just decided to try what happens if I try to boot from that other partition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so this is the opened controller. You have to remove the wifi-module. It has some adhesive tabs under it, so do it carefully in order not to ruin one of the boards. It's better to disconnect the three cables from the back of the remote, though you need to connect the battery when doing the operation:

Photo-2016-06-18-15-57-53_1022.JPG

And then the connectors for serial (tx0,rx0 and gnd) are here:

Photo-2016-06-18-15-58-23_1023.JPG

I connected then with a USB to serial adapter I had laying around. tx to rx0 and rx to tx0 and gnd-gnd.

Sorry I don't have it connected, but I'd rather not solder it onto the board again just to take the picture.

Ok, so this is the opened controller. You have to remove the wifi-module. It has some adhesive tabs under it, so do it carefully in order not to ruin one of the boards. It's better to disconnect the three cables from the back of the remote, though you need to connect the battery when doing the operation:

View attachment 57411

And then the connectors for serial (tx0,rx0 and gnd) are here:

View attachment 57412

I connected then with a USB to serial adapter I had laying around. tx to rx0 and rx to tx0 and gnd-gnd.

Sorry I don't have it connected, but I'd rather not solder it onto the board again just to take the picture.

I got mine all setup and will take some pics in a bit.

Great work! can you please share what required to recover bricked remote and drone. What software /UART lead require and steps. :)

Well done all. As sparky asked a list of commands and recommended uart adapter would be great for the less techy ppl with bricked controllers.

Phantom 3 4K owners, need your help! I need you to copy your firmware image from wifi

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

i use cp2102 and putyy

I'm newbie and I searched for the CP2102. It has how many pins on CP2102 actually?

1. I found 5 and 6, which one I gonna choose?
2. Hopefully sir, have an image of your CP2102. :D
3. What kind of computer operating system it required? Is windows 8 worked?

Thanks! the moment I bricked my rc, I dont know what to do and I end up buying a new rc.

I had some success using a software usb to UART setup and connecting via the usb on the RC, I take it this way is no good for the brilliant method used?

hello

today I decided to go back to the standard , I 've successfully uploaded the original rcS file for rc , but when I upload the rcS for the drone , the connection break ,

i can turn motor using csc command, can connect to rc wifi, can connect to ftp rc(192.168.1.1), but i cant connect to ftp drone(192.168.1.2). also no camera display on dji go app,
drone bricked, but the rc not, still can see wifi phantom ssid,

already tried to downgrade but long sound appear, no downgrade status on log file,

hello

today I decided to go back to the standard , I 've successfully uploaded the original rcS file for rc , but when I upload the rcS for the drone , the connection break ,

i can turn motor using csc command, can connect to rc wifi, can connect to ftp rc(192.168.1.1), but i cant connect to ftp drone(192.168.1.2). also no camera display on dji go app,
drone bricked, but the rc not, still can see wifi phantom ssid,

already tried to downgrade but long sound appear, no downgrade status on log file,
Previously my aircraft always disconnected. During my upgrade, the aircraft disconnected but I don't reliazed it. I uploaded the rcs and over write the rc but aircraft is still virgin. Now the rc doesn't has wifi so i end up buying a new rc. Lol

I did range mod from Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together... and now my drone's RC doesn't create Wi-Fi access point. This topic is for those unfortunates who've done the same and don't know how to fix it. So please share your situation and ideas.
I used mac, filezilla and vim to change files. I defenitely forgot to do "chmod +x" which is thought to be crucial.
Today I brought my drone to the official repair service here in Moscow and I'm waiting now for their diagnosis, it should take up to 5 days thay said. It seemed that they have no special instruments for reuploading healthy firmware to RC and drone using service connectors or smth, but who knows..

UPDATE:
With common effort, the way to recover has been discovered. Basically, all you need is to connect to TX, RX, GND pins of Wi-Fi module board with UART TTL adapter and open serial console(see pictures here I bricked my p3s with ftp range mod - let's fix it together and here I bricked my p3s with ftp range mod - let's fix it together). Then you should prevent u-boot from loading linux kernel by pressing ESC key and type to u-boot console the next commands(thanks ElMalo):

MI124
DRAM: 32 MB
Flash: 8 MB
In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
Press ESC to abort autoboot in 1 seconds
ar7240> setenv bootargs board=DJI-WM305 console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/mtdblock5 init=/sbin/init mtdparts=ath-nor0:256k@0k(u-boot),64k@256k(u-boot-env),896k@320k(kernel1),3008k@1216k(rootfs1),896k@4224k(kernel2),3008k@5120k(rootfs2),64k@8128k(art),3904k@320k(firmware1),3904k@4224k(firmware2),8192k@0k(all)

And then

ar7240> bootm 0x9f420000

This will allow you to boot backup copy of system. After that you'll be able to mount main root filesystem:

mkdir /tmp/flash

And then mount it:

mount -t jffs2 mtd3 /tmp/flash

Then you can go to /tmp/flash/etc/init.d and repair the rcS.

is it possible to do the same process to boot drone(not rc) from the backup copy of a system??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20