Reaction score
Here's my first complete video done entirely with the P4 Pro.

I love this camera!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very nice Doug, I like that you chose a style that others don't with long shots and little movement. The tendency is to use motion the whole time and sometimes stillness speaks louder.

Kind of an unusual location for an Arizona guy isn't it? I grew up an hours drive further north and not far from the river -- the Hudson is one of the great US rivers...

Brian

Reactions: dougvg
Man some of you video guys are amazing! I come from an "old school" SLR background (B&W stills) and having a hard time grasping this video stuff. I have the entire Adobe suite for post processing and a powerful PC to handle it, but my videos just aren't as smooth as most of yours.

Man some of you video guys are amazing! I come from an "old school" SLR background (B&W stills) and having a hard time grasping this video stuff. I have the entire Adobe suite for post processing and a powerful PC to handle it, but my videos just aren't as smooth as most of yours.
I'm an old SLR, then DSLR guy, but video using this camera is another thing altogether. Maybe my still image roots is why I like the extended scenes so much.

Very nice Doug, I like that you chose a style that others don't with long shots and little movement. The tendency is to use motion the whole time and sometimes stillness speaks louder.

Kind of an unusual location for an Arizona guy isn't it? I grew up an hours drive further north and not far from the river -- the Hudson is one of the great US rivers...

Brian
Yeah, I love those long scenes - they let the viewer relax and start seeing details that you can't get in today's 5-second takes. Yep This was a treat for an Arizona guy, who works on small rivers. The Hudson was amazing and incredibly photogenic. Here's my latest, using my home town Verde River as the subject:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: hotashes
Nice footage. Just a quick question, when you record and the drone is moving at various speeds how do you get the video footage to playback at the same speed? Do the editing programme you use sort this out itself or do you have to manually adjust each clip speed? Or maybe you are just very good at keeping consistent speed movements on the p4p ha ha.

U.K. London Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace

Nice footage. Just a quick question, when you record and the drone is moving at various speeds how do you get the video footage to playback at the same speed? Do the editing programme you use sort this out itself or do you have to manually adjust each clip speed? Or maybe you are just very good at keeping consistent speed movements on the p4p ha ha.
This is mostly the technique you develop to fly smoothly and consistently. I rarely change the speed in post edit, unless it's to do slow motion in an action shot. Flying with OA enabled helps to slow things down and keep the props out of view. The EXPO settings are an essential tool to help smooth things out, as well as the pitch smoothing setting. Developing "smooth moves" is what it's all about for your vids to look professional. I'm still learning tricks for that.

This is mostly the technique you develop to fly smoothly and consistently. I rarely change the speed in post edit, unless it's to do slow motion in an action shot. Flying with OA enabled helps to slow things down and keep the props out of view. The EXPO settings are an essential tool to help smooth things out, as well as the pitch smoothing setting. Developing "smooth moves" is what it's all about for your vids to look professional. I'm still learning tricks for that.

Thanks John, I have done some changes to expo from toms tech time. What have you got yours set at? Thanks.

Thanks John, I have done some changes to expo from toms tech time. What have you got yours set at? Thanks.

Here's what I fly most the time....
Camera Icon > Advance Setting > Gimbal Tilt 46, Gimbal Tilt Smoothtrack 23, Enabled Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow
RC Icon > Gimbal Wheel Speed 30
Drone Icon > EXP All three set to 20
Drone Icon > Sensitivity Attitude 57 Brake 70 Yaw End Point 78
Drone Icon > Pitch 100 Roll 100, Yaw 80 Vertical 120

Excellent. Brings back memories. I grew up in Tarrytown as a boy. I walked those tracks many summer days when I fished and crabbed on the Hudson by the Tappan Zee Bridge in your back ground. If I thought I could do that, I'd buy a P4P tomorrow. Do you have a Water Strider by Drone Rafts for it?

Here's what I fly most the time....
Camera Icon > Advance Setting > Gimbal Tilt 46, Gimbal Tilt Smoothtrack 23, Enabled Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow
RC Icon > Gimbal Wheel Speed 30
Drone Icon > EXP All three set to 20
Drone Icon > Sensitivity Attitude 57 Brake 70 Yaw End Point 78
Drone Icon > Pitch 100 Roll 100, Yaw 80 Vertical 120

Cheers man, will have to see how I get on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.