HOW TO: Transfer files from P4A+/P4P+ remote controller to your computer

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
Follow these instructions to transfer files from the P4A+/P4P+ remote controller to your computer:

1) Connect a USB cable between your computer and the micro USB port on the back of the remote controller.

2) Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the "USB connected" message.

1.JPG

3) Tap the down arrow on the bottom, left of the screen to reveal the "TURN ON USB STORAGE" button.

2.JPG

4) Tap the "TURN ON USB STORAGE" button.

3.JPG

5) Tap "OK" to confirm you want to enable USB storage.

4.JPG

6) The following screen should appear when USB storage mode has been enabled:

5.JPG

7) Copy/move the files to your computer like you do when connecting other external devices.

Note: The DJI GO flight logs can be found in "DJI\dji.pilot.pad\FlightRecord". Cached videos can be found in "DJI\dji.pilot.pad\DJI_RECORD".

Last edited:
For the newbies out there, keep in mind the RC video will be lower 720 HD quality usually used for previewing, versus the SD card video that offers 1080, 2.7 or 4K resolution. The RC video will also have Lightbridge glitches, and your SD video won't. You really don't want to be editing or publishing the RC video when you have easier access to transfer the good SD video for editing. The real purpose of the RC recording is to review your shots immediately, on site, to insure you have what you need. This allows you to immediately re-deploy the drone and redo the shot if you're not happy with the RC preview version, versus getting home and discovering during post edit that you have to revisit the site to get the shot.

Reactions: TheKestrel
Thank you for this.

I recently had a situation where absolutely nothing was written to the SD card (not even files), but the data was written to the P4A's controller. I used the information from this thread to get the data off and was successful, but now I can't view the video files. Thumbnails are created normally on Win10 in Explorer, but trying to open any of the mp4 files results in a Not Enough Memory error. I have no shortage of memory (32gb RAM installed and 20+gb free), but can't make any progress. Any ideas? Google searches for 0xc10100a7 errors haven't been of much help.

You can find those files on your Phantom's removable memory card.

You can do either. The files will transfer faster if you pull the card and insert it into a memory card reader (like this one).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ripper7620
Follow these instructions to transfer files from the P4A+/P4P+ remote controller to your computer:

1) Connect a USB cable between your computer and the micro USB port on the back of the remote controller.

View attachment 82734

3) Tap the down arrow on the bottom, left of the screen to reveal the "TURN ON USB STORAGE" button.

View attachment 82735

View attachment 82736

View attachment 82737

View attachment 82738

7) Copy/move the files to your computer like you do when connecting other external devices.

Note: The DJI GO flight logs can be found in "DJI\dji.pilot.pad\FlightRecord". Cached videos can be found in "DJI\dji.pilot.pad\DJI_RECORD".[/QUOT

View attachment 82734

View attachment 82735

View attachment 82736

View attachment 82737

View attachment 82738

Note: The DJI GO flight logs can be found in "DJI\dji.pilot.pad\FlightRecord". Cached videos can be found in "DJI\dji.pilot.pad\DJI_RECORD".

View attachment 82734

View attachment 82735

View attachment 82736

View attachment 82737

View attachment 82738

it is nice to see that msinger knows what he/she is talking about.
can I retrieve the soundfiles separately?

it is nice to see that msinger knows what he/she is talking about.

Phantoms do NOT record any audio/sound only video tracks.

If you enable the "Record Audio With Video Cache" setting (see the screenshots below), the sound (from the microphone in the remote controller) will be recorded along with the video files stored locally on the remote controller. You could use a video editor to combine that video with the higher quality video from the Phantom (like this).

DJI-GO-Record-Audio-With-Video-Cache.jpg

View attachment 82734

View attachment 82735

View attachment 82736

View attachment 82737

View attachment 82738

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have gone through these instructions but all I get is a page full of hieroglyphics like this :-

ˆÜ[š&)ᣈÜ[&'ৈØ[ž&-ᧈØÿÿ Ìœ4W3-0ÒÈÜî'€çžÌœ‘ÿ? !rÁâÏD\#ÇÎvM²?ß}Ë)2E²‹'}Í̹°‚œ‚Æ©V”ƒ1[ÅêF£¤!Ç;Ê°¼Œ.sÊ"3÷ÿ ·$`Y`ïÿ TWàžÓ2TWáK³rñôÿÖÁ§ÙüS8È|ÀŒóü'åÕÀŽ³ÿÖÀÄߣsj¥¯`ür^ÿC¾ÿ9ÖçW‡ãOÿ¨úk— OõWèIÞìš×è ¶ÒìU)>Êó™Nì—ÙèèHÚì›ÉôúIÞìš8è?ÿÖ÷©á%õÏß÷©áƒ%ûÎÛ÷á%ñÏÛ÷;ÿÖ³éŽÚ0ñ°°·©±«ƒ;³â³éUÿPքƘÚ0Oìņs—4‰FzÉ’ÍNÏ‚É”33² ÆE6ž;v]$Ç”ïœ%Mà„

What can I be doing wrong ?

I have gone through these instructions but all I get is a page full of hieroglyphics like this
At which step in the above instructions do you see those hieroglyphics? It sounds like you might be doing something beyond the listed steps after the retrieving files.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31