HOW TO: Transfer files from P4A+/P4P+ remote controller to your computer

At which step in the above instructions do you see those hieroglyphics? It sounds like you might be doing something beyond the listed steps after the retrieving files.

I follow your explicit instructions (love them when presented like that - thankyou)
This is my method .....
I open DJI (F)
Then open DJI
dji.pilot.pad
Flight record

upload_2018-4-23_7-11-46.png

When I click on any of the "DJIFlightRecord_ xxxxxx." files is when I get the hieroglyphics - they run over several pages.
Any help gratefully appreciated :)

PS: I will be off the grid for a few days, please don't think I am ignoring your messages.

When I click on any of the "DJIFlightRecord_ xxxxxx." files is when I get the hieroglyphics - they run over several pages.
Thanks for explaining.

The instructions above only explain how to transfer files from the + remote controller. For viewing the data in TXT flight logs, you can use my log viewer or one of these tools. The data in those files is encrypted, so you won't be able to use your favorite text file editor.

Reactions: Cellblock776
msinger, First, Thanks for this great and informative thread. I followed the instructions you showed,
I open DJI (D)
I open dji.pilot.pad

and I only have 2 things there,
asdklog_a, date modified 12/31/1999, type File, Size 0kb
and
asklog_s, date modified, 12/9/2017, type File, Size 27kb

No folders or other items like manxmann shows. Could this be because I sinked everything and it's all on the DJI cloud?
Thanks,
Steve in Baton Rouge

@Cellblock776, you're going here:

upload_2018-4-26_8-29-51.png

You need to open this "DJI" folder first:

upload_2018-4-26_8-30-19.png

Reactions: Cellblock776
The instructions look great - I've followed them and when I try to access the photos there are none to be had on the internal memory.
When I go into 'Album' - No Photo or Video - You can use the camera to shoot pictures and videos

Where did my data go?

If I go into 'Settings' and 'Storage' the Internal Storage shows a blue bar but the data is not categorized.

When I turn off the USB Connect - All of my data returns as it was before.

What am I doing wrong?

For the newbies out there, keep in mind the RC video will be lower 720 HD quality usually used for previewing, versus the SD card video that offers 1080, 2.7 or 4K resolution. The RC video will also have Lightbridge glitches, and your SD video won't. You really don't want to be editing or publishing the RC video when you have easier access to transfer the good SD video for editing. The real purpose of the RC recording is to review your shots immediately, on site, to insure you have what you need. This allows you to immediately re-deploy the drone and redo the shot if you're not happy with the RC preview version, versus getting home and discovering during post edit that you have to revisit the site to get the shot.

Note it helps greatly to clarify the difference between the
i) SD card on the Drone (which holds the good quality videos and pictures) v.s.
ii) the SD card / slot on the 'plus' Controller (with screen) which so far seems useless/redundant for holding any user data, e.g. pictures, videos etc.

Also that managing the picture/video files on the controller via
a) the Go app has scant (inadequate documentation) information available,
b) or by connecting a PC to the controller.
Rather disappointing given the rest of the drone flying quality.

Any other thoughts, guidance or snippets of knowledge on this guys n gals?

Follow these instructions to transfer files from the P4A+/P4P+ remote controller to your computer:

1) Connect a USB cable between your computer and the micro USB port on the back of the remote controller.

2) Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the "USB connected" message.

View attachment 82734

3) Tap the down arrow on the bottom, left of the screen to reveal the "TURN ON USB STORAGE" button.

View attachment 82735

4) Tap the "TURN ON USB STORAGE" button.

View attachment 82736

5) Tap "OK" to confirm you want to enable USB storage.

View attachment 82737

6) The following screen should appear when USB storage mode has been enabled:

View attachment 82738

7) Copy/move the files to your computer like you do when connecting other external devices.

Note: The DJI GO flight logs can be found in "DJI\dji.pilot.pad\FlightRecord". Cached videos can be found in "DJI\dji.pilot.pad\DJI_RECORD".

Verry nice. Thank's

Reactions: msinger
Hi dear, even if I swap I cannot access to the page with the usb connect. What do you think might be the problem? I have a phantom 4 pro plus. I need to decide to buy it or not. I need to be able to download the log for a animal study. I was able with the Mavik pro but I cannot do it with this. Please, could you help me?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj