How to tell difference between P4s?

Reaction score
Hey, all. Newbie here, first post and all. I'm interested in buying a used P4, and was wondering how to tell from photos if it's a Standard/Advanced/Pro...? Or, when I'm ready to go take a look at some for sale locally, how do I confirm the same in person?

Anything I should watch out for when buying a used P4?

Thanks in advance.

Hey, all. Newbie here, first post and all. I'm interested in buying a used P4, and was wondering how to tell from photos if it's a Standard/Advanced/Pro...? Or, when I'm ready to go take a look at some for sale locally, how do I confirm the same in person?

Anything I should watch out for when buying a used P4?
The Pro version has additional sensors on the sides and back.
The original P4 and Advanced only have front sensors.
Look at the front of the camera around the lens and if it's an Advanced (or pro) , you will see F 2.8-11
If it's the original, it will have F 2.8

Ideally you want to see it flying.
Make sure it connects easily.
See that it flies smoothly and the controls all work smoothly

Welcome to the forum. Good information from @Meta4 above. Unfortunately, DJI chose not to visually badge the P4 series like they did with the P3 series. I guess doing that would have made it far too easy, so it takes a bit more effort to visually identify the P4 models out of the box. If you can afford it, the P4 Advanced has the better 20MP camera, versus a 12MP camera on the P4 Standard. Good luck whichever model you choose.

An easy way to tell a P4 (Standard) from a P4 Advanced is by comparing the grill underneath the arms.

P4-vs-P4A-Arm-Grill.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel