HOW TO: Optimize Apple device for the best DJI GO app performance

Thank you for the list / tutorial. Awesome.

Reactions: msinger
Thank you for this advise!!! I have one question. I've been flying with a iPad mini 2. Apps shut down, airplane mode on and wifi off. Is THAT the reason why my map on lower right hand screen of DJI Go app won't load???

The map will not load if you do not have an Internet connection and the map images have not been cached. If you want to see the map, you'll need to do one or the other.

The map will not load if you do not have an Internet connection and the map images have not been cached. If you want to see the map, you'll need to do one or the other.
There are times where the map still won't load at the desired resolution, especially if the cache has expired or is flushed without notice. Any way to trigger it? I've experimented with loading it in Apple Maps first, with some limited success. Still can't figure out how to get them to load every time when I really need them, even when tethered to my iPhone 6+ Hotspot, or even if using the iPhone 6+ as the tablet. Anyone have a solution?

Last edited:
What works for you?
I usually use an Internet connection to download the maps while I'm flying or I just fly with the camera view only. I don't find the maps that useful unless I'm trying to fly directly along a road or near some other type of landmark on the map.

I usually use an Internet connection to download the maps while I'm flying or I just fly with the camera view only. I don't find the maps that useful unless I'm trying to fly directly along a road or near some other type of landmark on the map.
My problem is that the maps often still won't load, even with an active internet connection during flight. Any tips on how to trigger the downloading?

I honestly have not run into this issue myself. Perhaps someone else will chime in with some tips.

I don't want to sound like a complete idiot but I always said I'd rather ask a stupid question than correct a dumb mistake . This whole thing with wifi and data confuses me. I hear people talking about staying out of a high wifi area when flying. To me that says keep my wifi off . So I've basically ran my iPad mini 2 (wifi only ) in airplane mode to make sure no disturbances. Can I run with both data and wifi (if applicable) and not have any issues? I only use the iPad for flying , nothing else. I also bought an S2 tablet with data but the video was blotchy and grainy . It's the 9.7 in. Which I didn't see on the list of approved tablets to use. I wonder why? Slow processor? Here i though I was having camera issues till I replayed the video and it was fine. I absolutely loved flying with that bigger screen although the mini is good too. Any help appreciated. I opologize if any of this was explained already . I went back a few pages but I'm in an area with bad cell service taking long to load pages.

I've also had an issue with maps not loading while connected with my S2..OR the map would show United States but when I used fingers to zoom into my area by the time it got to my state it wouldn't load any further. It would just be loaded half way and other half would be white. Now all I get is a blank screen but just follow my trace back home if needed.

Here's my S2
1462982601965.jpg

I have had success with map loading problems by going into street view first and zooming out. That usually gets it going. Then I switch to hybrid and it will usually load.

Reactions: meissner58
With 20+ years coding and 6 years BTing for Apple, every one of these tips are spot on. My only other recommendation is if you are having an issue. Direct download Fresh IOS software. Do a fullback up on youR IOS device. Then a total wipe. Place device in DFU mode load Freah IOS then restore from ICloud. It's amazing what a clean plate does. All my computers phones and tabs get a simi annual wipe

Reactions: KCadby

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl