HOW TO: Optimize Apple device for the best DJI GO app performance

I tried all the suggestions from the first post, as well as deleting and reinstalling the app. Rebooted after all that. Here is what I'm getting. I don't understand why this is happening, the first couple of flights were as smooth as butter. Is there a cache in the app that I can clear?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't want to hijack this IOS thread but I'm curious as to why I should connect the controller to a tablet (mine is Android) via a cable? I'm new so stomp on me lightly - :)

I don't want to hijack this IOS thread but I'm curious as to why I should connect the controller to a tablet (mine is Android) via a cable? I'm new so stomp on me lightly - :)
You cannot connect a mobile device to your remote controller via a cable if you're referring to your P3S. It must be connected via Wi-Fi.

You cannot connect a mobile device to your remote controller via a cable if you're referring to your P3S. It must be connected via Wi-Fi.

OK - great. I've seen photos/videos of phones/tablets attached to the controller but didn't know why. I use the wi-fi with DJI Go & just got the Lichi app but it isn't allowing me to connect to the wi-fi but I haven't really looked into why yet. Other priorities -

Closing all apps and restarting the iPad before I leave to go fly is the biggest thing for me. After that I cache the maps I want to use and flip to airplane mode.

Great guide, btw.
Can you explain how to cache the maps you want to use?

Regarding #3 of msingers original post... if you have apps open that you're working on and don't really want to force close them, here's a trick to quickly free you device's RAM...
All junk processes will be killed without force closing any of your apps.

1 - hit the sleep button until you see the "power off" slider, but don't power off...
2 - then press and hold the home button until the home screen appears again.

You have now killed all running apps and freed all available RAM. You will still see background apps when you double click your home button, but they are now disabled until you click on them again and by doing so they will refresh and be open again. Just make sure you also follow step 4 of msingers post so they won't refresh automatically.

Reactions: msinger and MaxHam

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers