HOW TO: Fix unstable Phantom 3 remote controller tablet mount

How do you remove the thumbscrew part of the support to transfer it? The new aluminum one did not come with it and I cannot figure out how to move it.

Thanks
Sue

How do you remove the thumbscrew part of the support to transfer it? The new aluminum one did not come with it and I cannot figure out how to move it.

Thanks
Sue
What did you actually order? That isnt really removable.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I ordered the taco one from the line posted in this thread. (TACO-RC Aluminium Tablet holder bracket for DJI Phantom 3 Ipad Free Shipping) I did not see any information about the need of the thumbscrew part in the posts and it is not pictured on the taco website. I guess I was foolish to think it was the correct part based on the posts here but I don't see that anyone who ordered it had this problem.

Also a word of advise, I got the lens/gimbal cover and it does not fit the Phantom 3. So I would suggest that other NOT order the taco items as they do not work (unless someone has advise on the thumbscrew)

Thanks
Sue

I don't have Tacos cradle mount. So No experience there. The thumb screw part is not removable as far as I can see. Which gimble cover did you get? I love mine. Perhaps you are installing it wrong?

Maybe your order was just screwed up, especially with the mount issues. Maybe @ocatcr can help here, but I would be contacting Taco!

For others this may be of interest - there is a set screw that holds the thumbscrew part on to the support - it uses a tiny allen wrench to remove it. I was able to transfer it to the aluminum piece and use it. Regarding the gimbal cover, I definitely received the wrong piece but a search of the taco website doesn't even show the one I got. Taco refunded my cost but the frustrating thing about it is I keep emailing them asking for the correct part and they keep replying but never respond to my request. It is like they do not want to send me (or can't send me) the correct piece. This is so strange because the picture on their website shows the correct item. I may try to order another but am thinking I will just get the wrong one again.

I got the Taco aluminum holder too, works like a charm, comes with the screw and my mini is rock solid now. It came with a free gimbal & lens protector and it did fit for me, although I got a better one from UAV Bits so not using this.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441502724.279119.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441502743.761484.jpg

Some people are willing to go great lengths to fix problems with bandages. I'm simply offering a solution to the problem. I suppose it's not a good fix for everyone. That's okay though -- I'm just sharing my experience.

First of all plastic has nothing to do with it rattling back and forth. The world is full of tons of plastic items with screws in them that does wobble. It's simple an issue with the screw at the base not tightening correctly. Pliers for the win.

Reactions: louforgiveno
First of all plastic has nothing to do with it rattling back and forth. The world is full of tons of plastic items with screws in them that does wobble. It's simple an issue with the screw at the base not tightening correctly. Pliers for the win.
Not even close. You have NO idea the difference getting rid of the plastic crap makes. You can jerry-rig your screw all you want, its still the same cheap mount. And the thumb screw is the same part across both DJI mounts.

Not even close. You have NO idea the difference getting rid of the plastic crap makes. You can jerry-rig your screw all you want, its still the same cheap mount. And the thumb screw is the same part across both DJI mounts.

You're right. I just took it apart and looked. It's a bad design. It works fine to tighten with loctite if your just using a phone. But I can see for tablet people it's not acceptable.

I'm going to order my replacement part after I complete my DBS Mod on tuesday.

Sorry I rushed to judgement!

Reactions: III% Streve
Awesome guys. It's good to see you came up with some alternative fixes. I guess only time will tell how they hold up. The Inspire 1 mount was like night and day in my case.

It's interesting to see msinger's picture comparison side-by-side of the P3 and Inspire 1 mounts......makes you wonder why DJI didn't save themselves some injection moulding money and design and install the metal mount on both birds......how much more cost could it have added to the P3?

Thx for this forom. It help me to fix my problem with not stable tblet holder on my P3 remote and problem when I put an Ipad air 2 the holder gos down.
Inspire 1 holder's ate very stable and make my Ipad not to go down it settle on the remote. It's worth for $30.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20