HOW TO: Fix unstable Phantom 3 remote controller tablet mount

DJI isn't perfect, but they are always striving to improve. I really like that about them.

Reactions: Rebel Gal
They Definately are committed to improvements and cutting edge, but are rather secretive and underhanded when it comes to the bottom line. The one thing always transparent, are the competitively kept prices. ;-)
Perhaps with @dji we actually often get more than we payed for.

RedHotPoker

If you guys really care about this sport why isn't it on Phantom.com?
This way other members could benefit from this improvement on a one simple weak link in the DJI system :rolleyes:
If you're referring to PhantomHelp.com, I do have a link to the bracket from Drone Decals. It's the same style as yours and is more commonly mentioned here.

We cool, its that Italian blood sometimes I cant help myself, that an a crappy day at work doesn't help.
image.gif

We all have those days.
Pisses me off when I have to work on the nice days and the weatherman chooses the weekend for crappy weather.;)

I added an iPad Pro with a hoodi Padhat and the TB bracket required some tightening on the pivot screw. No wobble trouble and the stepped tilt notches worked nicely.

The wider base design looks nice, but I'm more worried about cracking plastic attached to metal parts, not that I experienced any! Touch wood.
image.gif

Reactions: Fly Girl
The extra wide base at the front seems like it should spread out weight and prefect side-side movement.
The side-to-side movement comes from the flex in plastic mount. Per my original post above, I installed the Inspire 1 mount on all of my Phantom remote controllers. It's rock solid even without the extensions on the sides. As far as I can tell, the extensions are just a gimmick to help sell the mount. The P4 remote controller comes with the Inspire 1 mount -- and, nobody has mentioned it wobbles.

You could, but the plastic bracket is still going to give a little bit. For $30, you can get the Inspire 1 mount and completely eliminate the problem. It's the best $30 I spent on my P3.

Reactions: Multicoptertec
Has any one used the JRelics or TacoRC metal brackets that fix tablet wobble with this DJI over the shoulder lanyard?

From what I can tell in pics, the lanyard attachments holes look smaller on the aftermarket pieces

Has any one used the JRelics or TacoRC metal brackets that fix tablet wobble with this DJI over the shoulder lanyard?
It's a tight fit for the JRelics mount, but it just fits.

Reactions: FunN4lo
Cool fix for tablet mount; Since DJI will not help their customers with DEFECTIVE plastic, I came up with a fix for the Joystick, Return to Home button, Lower case, and dials defects here. There should be a class action against DJI because they have ABANDONED their customers with their faulty products. But here is a $3.00 fix.. but it will take some time to repair

Or if in a pinch...build up some double sided tape...done. From the date of this thread it feels like I am the only one still flying a P3P! :cool:

Attachments

• P3doubletape.jpg
    P3doubletape.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 62

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20