HOW TO: Adjust settings & remote controller for smoother flying

I would like to limit that to 15 like previous
That's from an older version of DJI GO (I don't recall which version). In the current version, it can only be set to 30 degrees.

Guys, I would like to change the slope of the three curves on the "Gain and expo tuning" (see the first picture of this thread), but everytime I modify them (with aircraft connected to the RC), when I leave the page they are reverted back to their initial values (0,40). Any clues?
I'm on pilot app 1.2.0 and P3A firmware 1.2.8.
Thanks
You have to make sure you have connection between the app and the Phantom. If you don't it will revert back.

Yaw Endpoint is a new one and I thought I saw something new in the gimbal Param settings if I'm not mistaken

Yes, I mentioned Yaw Endpoint in the OP and I have a vague recollection of some video that I can no longer find where, if I remember correctly, lowering the Yaw Endpoint puts a hard limit on the max value. The effect of which is that you can limit the maximum Yaw Rate and have the s-curve of the EXP go from min to max with max being lowered so that slows/smooths even more.

I think I'll try a few adjustments tomorrow and see how that works. Thanfully, having three different modes you can change permits you to alter one but not the others. I think I'll play with Gentle and leave Normal and Sport alone.

It would be nice if the Yaw Endpoint was also part of the mode settings so you could have a different value for Normal, Sport and Gentle. Wonder why they chose not to do that.

Finally, just to be clear, my understanding is that the Gains should be left alone.

Brian

I never could get the ultra smooth yaw by adjustments with software, so I installed a 20 ohm pot with switch as I had on my P2. Allows wide range of yaw rate.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Oso
There are no best settings for everyone. Follow the suggestions in the first post above, do some experimenting, and figure out what works well for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik