Camera Tilt Keeps Defaulting to Zero Degrees on Litchi Missions

Reaction score
Just today I started flying a Phantom 3 Pro, and a Phantom 3 Standard, both of which I acquired used from ebay, and right away I noticed identical odd camera gimbal pitch behavior with both of these drones, suggesting that there is a gimbal setting that needs to be changed in a menu I haven't found thus far.

With my old Phantom 3 Standard that sadly met its maker recently, I flew autonomous Litchi missions exclusively. At the start of every mission, before the drone flew out of signal range, I would rotate the controller gimbal tilt wheel until I had a downward camera tilt angle of precisely -20 degrees, such that only a tiny sliver of the horizon was visible, in order to maximize the view of the terrain.

When I attempted to set the camera's downward angle on my newly acquired Phantom 3 Standard, and Phantom 3 Pro as they set out on Litchi autopilot missions, I noticed that the camera would NOT hold that -20 degree downward tilt, and would repeatedly rotate back to zero degrees, whereby a third of the video screen was taken up by a view of the sky, which I do not want. Each time I rotated the camera tilt back down to minus 20 degrees, the angle would revert back to zero again and again, as though set there by a menu-selected default.

Since this odd camera gimbal behavior is occurring with both the Phantom 3S and the Phantom 3P, it is highly unlikely that both these drones are afflicted with an identical defect, which leads me to suspect that there has to be a menu option I can adjust, once I can find it either in DJI Go, or in Litchi. This uncommanded upward tilt of the camera is driving me nuts, and even holding the tilt wheel in place at my desired -20 degree downward tilt, doesn't stop the camera from tilting back up to zero degrees, completely ruining the footage I produced on my Litchi flights.

I sure would be grateful for any advice that can be offered regarding which menu I need to access, to remedy this irritating tendency of the camera to keep reverting back to zero degrees, as though by hard-wired default. With my original Phantom 3S drone that I bought new back in 2017, I never encountered this odd gimbal behavior, and as such, I have no idea where in the DJI Go or Litchi menus it is possible to prevent the gimbal from making these uncommanded upward tilt rotations.

Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen