How long did it take DJI to check in your warranty request?

Well, I submitted 2 itesms... an H3-3D Gimbal and a P3 Battery. The Gimbal is back with me as of July 29th. my P3 battery was brand new, but DOA. thought that was the easier of the 2, but guess what... its still with them and logged in their queue... WTF???

Update - I just received the email that my unit was checked into the queue. That's a ridiculous 15 day wait time just to put the unit in the system!

welp be prepared for a wait, my unit has been checked into the queue since June 17, and yeah I called after six weeks for all the good it did!

Well, I've been out on vacay and my battery came back to me the day after I left. Uggh. that was Aug 17. so both of my claims were submitted and processed back to me with no charge. props. the only downfall is that it took soooooo long. In my head, I can see that may be acceptable to me for a gimal repair, but NOT for a DOA, battery. so my battery took aprox 7 weeks.

Final update-

July 14 - Unit received and signed for by DJI LA
July 29 - Unit checked into queue
September 1 - Fixed unit shipped
September 5 - Fixed unit received

Wow - seems there is a huge difference between US and European DJI Service. I was incredibly surprised about the good service in Netherland:

Aug 25 - Email to DJI with GPS Problem
Aug 26 - Received UPS Label for Free Pick Up in Austria
Aug 27 - UPS Pick Up
Aug 31 - 1pm - UPS Tracking says arrived in Netherlands
Aug 31 - 2pm - Email from DJI that they received my P3A and will send a new one
Sept 1 - UPS Shipping Info
Sept 3 - New P3A with latest firmware installed arrived in Austria
(6 Working days!!)

Sorry I know this does not help you in your case but I think it is good also to share the positive experiences :)

My P2 purchased in April has a rotor failing to work correctly at idle speeds. I've sent two emails in the last month through their support website and haven't received one single reply.

How long does one have to wait for the initial email usually? I don't mind buying a backup but I at LEAST want to get an answer about my 6 month old drone already showing problems.

It took 2 weeks to check in at DJI then 6 weeks for them to tell me that they are replacing it. I think they can't keep up on warranty repairs. Had a friend take 11 weeks before they replaced there's good luck.

Best advice is buy a backup quad to fly while your original is in the shop for repairs. That's what every professional photographer does, and this is a quad for photographers! :cool:

They repaired mine and sent it back within 10 days

My experience was just like yours. I just got my P3P back 2 days ago and the whole process was less than 10 days.

I did sent an email first and was never acknowledge. I then called and and same day they sent me a prepaid shipping label and the day after I sent my P3 to LA for the repair. All was done under warranty at no charge. I do have some complains about their little to non existent communication regarding what was done to the copter. I have to guess they fix everything ok.... I still haven't been able to test the P3...

I'm a pretty understanding guy but if you're mass producing things why would you not have enough backup to support the things you're producing and selling?

Is it that crazy of a thought?? I mean, christ an email at the very least confirming you're receiving my email(s) would be sufficient and a good place to start.

My experience was just like yours. I just got my P3P back 2 days ago and the whole process was less than 10 days.

I did sent an email first and was never acknowledge. I then called and and same day they sent me a prepaid shipping label and the day after I sent my P3 to LA for the repair. All was done under warranty at no charge. I do have some complains about their little to non existent communication regarding what was done to the copter. I have to guess they fix everything ok.... I still haven't been able to test the P3...

Mind throwing that contact number you used?

i got mine in 3 weeks... thats including getting shipped from vancouver to california and getting repaired and shipped back... the weird thing is they never contacted me to tell me what was the problem... i just received a notice that it was fixed under warranty at no cost to me... 11 months after i bought it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers