How long did it take DJI to check in your warranty request?

Reaction score
How long does it take to get your Phantom checked in for repair? It was delivered over 72 hours ago and still no word. What are other's experiences with warranty repair time and check in delay time?

How long does it take to get your Phantom checked in for repair? It was delivered over 72 hours ago and still no word. What are other's experiences with warranty repair time and check in delay time?
It's my understanding that they are moving or just moved into a larger facility (LA repair center) whether or not that will slow things down idk. BUT, it took them exactly a week to check my p2 into the "system" and 4 weeks before it shipped back to me.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Request #159675 Unit Checked into Queue
  • 042592a5137be003a791c069e2e953fd

J.V. Today at 09:14
    Dear John,
    We have checked your unit into Zendesk, our customer support database.
    Congratulations! This is the first step in the repair process once we received your product. Next, your unit will be documented in our Repair Software, which the repair technicians use to track their work. Once that process is done, your product will be placed in line with other repairs, and continually move up until a repair technician services it at a work bench.
    Our estimated time of repair is 5-6 weeks from the date of check-in. If you do not receive an email update from the repair team by the 6th week, please call our support team at 818-235-0789, Monday - Friday, 9-5 PST.
    We appreciate your patience and thank you for your support of the DJI Product Line.
    DJI Service Center North America
    This is a copy of DJI's report back to me after they received my P3P for service. I sent it on Wed., 6/24. They sent me this above notice on the following Mon., 6/29. It took 5 calander days from when I sent it until they notified me they received it. I sent it via UPS. I live in Northern Calif. they received it in Southern Calif. They have had my drone for 2 weeks and 5 days so far to date. I have not heard anything from them since. I am going to suggest hypothetically, if a technician were to start work on my broken drone, I would think he would figure out how to fix it in about an hours time. Then lets say another half hour to put replacement parts in it. Another half hour to test it after he replaced the parts. Then one last half hour to repack it and send it back to me. So, having suggested all that, in about 2 1/2 hours time one would think DJI could fix my drone and return it to me. Lets go one step further and say it took them 8 hours to fix. Why the hell we have to wait six weeks is beyond me. I have to rate that as very bad customer service/turn around time.

Request #159675 Unit Checked into Queue
  • 042592a5137be003a791c069e2e953fd

J.V. Today at 09:14
    Dear John,
    We have checked your unit into Zendesk, our customer support database.
    Congratulations! This is the first step in the repair process once we received your product. Next, your unit will be documented in our Repair Software, which the repair technicians use to track their work. Once that process is done, your product will be placed in line with other repairs, and continually move up until a repair technician services it at a work bench.
    Our estimated time of repair is 5-6 weeks from the date of check-in. If you do not receive an email update from the repair team by the 6th week, please call our support team at 818-235-0789, Monday - Friday, 9-5 PST.
    We appreciate your patience and thank you for your support of the DJI Product Line.
    DJI Service Center North America
    This is a copy of DJI's report back to me after they received my P3P for service. I sent it on Wed., 6/24. They sent me this above notice on the following Mon., 6/29. It took 5 calander days from when I sent it until they notified me they received it. I sent it via UPS. I live in Northern Calif. they received it in Southern Calif. They have had my drone for 2 weeks and 5 days so far to date. I have not heard anything from them since. I am going to suggest hypothetically, if a technician were to start work on my broken drone, I would think he would figure out how to fix it in about an hours time. Then lets say another half hour to put replacement parts in it. Another half hour to test it after he replaced the parts. Then one last half hour to repack it and send it back to me. So, having suggested all that, in about 2 1/2 hours time one would think DJI could fix my drone and return it to me. Lets go one step further and say it took them 8 hours to fix. Why the hell we have to wait six weeks is beyond me. I have to rate that as very bad customer service/turn around time.
You are about 30% of the way through a very long line of customers awaiting repairs, estimated to take 5-6 weeks from the end of the line to the front of the line. It isn't how long the actual repair will take to do, but how long it takes for your repair workorder to get to the front of the line and on the workbench. First come, first served. That's why many of us buy another P3P in the interim. I did, and then eventually got the original purchase price refunded, after I established the crash was due one of many bugs in the earlier versions of the firmware and software.

They signed for my package on Tuesday at 11am PST on 7/14 and it still hasn't even been checked in yet. Bad customer service is an absolute understatement here. I'm not even "in line" yet!!!

Reactions: AbsPapa
You are about 30% of the way through a very long line of customers awaiting repairs, estimated to take 5-6 weeks from the end of the line to the front of the line. It isn't how long the actual repair will take to do, but how long it takes for your repair workorder to get to the front of the line and on the workbench. First come, first served. That's why many of us buy another P3P in the interim. I did, and then eventually got the original purchase price refunded, after I established the crash was due one of many bugs in the earlier versions of the firmware and software.
I'm not sure why someone would buy another one of the same product that doesn't work to begin with. And, to me its appauling that a company would take that long to repair something that they warranty to work. If they are behind in their repairs why don't they hire some help? Two weeks wait to get something repaired that would take a max of 8 hours or less to repair would seem reasonable. But six weeks turnaround is ridiculous. And yes I could complain until the cows come home, but the truth is DJI doesn't have any concern for their customers satisfaction. These drones are just an adult toy. Who needs that kind of trouble from an expensive toy. Not me. Just saying.

Wow!!!! I thought I was the only one. Tracking says mine was signed for on 7/10. I haven't seen or heard anything yet 7/18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of today, I am 16 days in their queue... Its for a DOA battery. Really not too involved with testing, You think? lol

Wow!!!! I thought I was the only one. Tracking says mine was signed for on 7/10. I haven't seen or heard anything yet 7/18

DJI customer service sucks. If you haven't even got a conformation letter from them yet, I would be really concerned if I were you.

Why would I buy a second one? If you had asked me:
Because the first one works great, and they don't All have problems.
Obviously some guys want to enjoy flying a Phantom 3, during the 6 week turn around time. I would love two myself. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: TnHwyman
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Let's chill! DJI is doing the best they can while growing to meet the heavy demand for their product. Could their turnaround be faster? Yes. In the mean time, they are working as fast as they can. Do you really want your drone repaired by the new guy hired yesterday, just to reduce turnaround times? I certainly wouldn't! They are clearly overwhelmed by the demand. However, DJI is at least creating realistic expectations, and not over promising and underdelivering. They are apparently moving into new quarters which may create a temporary delay on the road to expansion. If you know the delay, you can plan around it. For the money, you won't find a better drone. Professional photographers all have backup equipment, because major companies like Nikon and Canon also have 4-6 week repair times. If the long wait times are a problem, buy a backup unit. I did. So have others. The drones are incredible! Their potential is awesome! They are getting better with every update. :cool:

Last edited:
DJI customer service sucks. If you haven't even got a conformation letter from them yet, I would be really concerned if I were you.
I am. But all this week it's been high call volume. But the week before I sent my unit in, i called serval times and I was always in the top ten of callers on hold. I'm starting to think once they have your unit . Your put on their version of call blocking.
(Due to high call volume )

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Let's chill! DJI is doing the best they can while growing to meet the heavy demand for their product. Could their turnaround be faster? Yes. In the mean time, they are working as fast as they can. Do you really want your drone repaired by the new guy hired yesterday, just to reduce turnaround times? I certainly wouldn't! They are clearly overwhelmed by the demand. However, DJI is at least creating realistic expectations, and not over promising and underdelivering. They are apparently moving into new quarters which may create a temporary delay on the road to expansion. If you know the delay, you can plan around it. For the money, you won't find a better drone. Professional photographers all have backup equipment, because major companies like Nikon and Canon also have 4-6 week repait times
That's what they saying. I feel like they buying themselves time.

This is an exploding hobby, sport, or activity, call it what you want, but this hobby is very young and world wide. Not just 1 or 2 countries. The company too is very young. True they don't have the best CS at this time, but you do have the best quad. If you think this is bad, try another, they are all basically out of China.

Update - I just received the email that my unit was checked into the queue. That's a ridiculous 15 day wait time just to put the unit in the system!

Update - I just received the email that my unit was checked into the queue. That's a ridiculous 15 day wait time just to put the unit in the system!
Do you have any idea why they took so long to check your unit in? Maybe it took 14 days to get there. Maybe your paperwork was not in order. What did your confirmation letter they sent you, say? What is the length of time they say it will take to make the repairs? Just curious.

This is an exploding hobby, sport, or activity, call it what you want, but this hobby is very young and world wide. Not just 1 or 2 countries. The company too is very young. True they don't have the best CS at this time, but you do have the best quad. If you think this is bad, try another, they are all basically out of China.
Yeah I was just reading on BestBuy and 3DR pilots sight how bad CS is for 3DR right now as they wade through all the Solo issues. While they pride themselves on having the CS that DJI doesn't, they neither have the service nor the product and I feel very bad for who all bought in at a very high price point.
To those complaining about DJI, this is an industry emerging from a hobby so there are serious growing pains

Considering that a couple of years ago, all RC flying was from DIY kits, where you not only had to "manufacture" and "assemble" your own drone from parts, but also had to be your own repair and warranty department, having to do everything yourself, on your own workbench, we have come a long way! The fact that someone else does all of this for you now, at any speed and any price is amazing! :cool: Consider the alternative, and, if you can, fix it yourself, the old fashioned way! Otherwise, just be glad there even is a repair facility with any turnaround time!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel