HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? _______________________ 9.80 Miles ???

Re: HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? _______________________ 8.49 Miles

lsteigerwalt said:
9 miles here we come!!!

Lets mix up that leader board a bit. I know I know when your on top everyone is trying to knock you off...Sorry Wheat :)...hit a top speed of 52.8 mph, only got 16 mins and 41sec out of the battery but I flew it all the way down to 1% and as i caught it she shut off!!! Man what a ride...9.19 miles.

919milerun.jpg

Re: HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? _______________________ 8.49 Miles

That's some pretty outstanding flying there, walt!

They say we may have a clean weekend to fly down here..... :!:

Re: HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? _______________________ 9.19 Miles

LeaderBoard has been updated with that huge run...

GREAT JOB... ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE!!!

NOW IS WHERE THINGS GET TOUGH TO BEAT... GONNA HAVE TO BRING YOUR "A GAME" FROM HERE ON OUT :ugeek:

Thanks guys :) Alright fellas lets fill that board...try to get more people out and attempting our little challenge...wait are you waiting for...post some numbers.

Awesome over 9 miles!

lsteigerwalt where you flying in ATTI mode?

Re: HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? - 8.49 miles

Wheat said:
OK by the way it looks like now, I think I may have the record on my first try. My flytrex data says 8.5 miles but when I export it to a KML file for google earth it says 8.49. Flytrex must use a bit of rounding, but not too bad. I used a fairly new battery that I got from NukeRC. Yes it was not the DJI original brand. It says it has 5400 mah instead of the 5200 that DJI is labeled but I thought that was more the way they rate the battery vs how DJI rates the battery. I am not sure if that made any difference. My screen did say I had 0% left when I finished so I did push it pretty hard but I wanted to give it my best shot. Let me know what you think.
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... her-74942/

http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-wheat-craft-ryan-boucher-74942/

Wait, so you can use other types of batteries with a phantom 2 for longer flight? It doesn't have to be dji batteries?

Well, there has been some debate over whether or not the Nuke batteries are actually 5400mah or not. And the safety of said batteries or their dependability. So far some people have had issues with DJI and Nuke batteries so they seem to be one in the same. If your bird crashes with a DJI battery you stand a chance of warranty repair...with Nuke there is no chance of repair.

Hey guys,

i would like to join in too. We don't have the spacious areas as in some other countries near my house in the Netherlands, but i want to give it a try.
Will do so the next 2 or 3 weeks from now!
Am using a flytrex core 2 now, but i started out using the vision+ utility for my first "record flight" of 1.6km on a holiday in Denmark.
What i did found out then is that the speed reported was way way off using the vision+ utility.
All the info like flightpath seemed correct when importing it in Dashware, but a speed of 120km/h is not really realistic right ?

I have a flytrex now and it reports the speed very well, my record is now 77.82km/h but as said, in Vision+ utility speeds were way off.

So i am not sure if the data recorded in Vision+ is all that accurate, at least the speed data seemed off ?

Great idea off this challenge DBS, i am also trying to boost flight distance with antenna's boosters and what have you not, but still is no easy task, especially in very crowded areas like the Netherlands ;-)
So this challenge where also people with unmodded quads can also enter, is great! Thanks !

greetz,
Dimitri

Alright gang, where is everyone? This thread was hopping for awhile...let's get em back in the air and making those runs.

lsteigerwalt said:
Alright gang, where is everyone? This thread was hopping for awhile...let's get em back in the air and making those runs.

I've been pretty busy as of late, plus that huge run you did seems a bit impossible for me to beat. I will be trying though just need to find time, and weather, every time i have some time, there is crap weather

I hear ya man. Im gonna go fly a bit at the local fair tonight around the perimeter to get some pics and video. As far as my run I think these things have more in them...I just gotta do some more research on getting it a little more out of it. Been thinking about letting my son give it a go to see how far he can get. Makes me nervous just thinking about letting him fly this thing...lol.

nhoover said:
I tried it out once a few days ago. 7.56 miles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xkc07pgNeU

8 looks to be easy, but 9 seems tougher! Congrats on the 9.19 flight!

You have been added to the board sir

instant fourth place on the first try... great run!!

Screenshot_2014-10-18-23-05-53_zpszqnxnff4.png

I'm getting setup for my best shot yet... y'all better get it sorted out or get outta my way!!! :lol:

Well gang Im grounded for awhile. Took 80 of my fifth grade students to camp for 2 nights and 3 days last week. Thursday I fell and fractured 2 vertebra, broke a rib, and bruised a kidney. Went to the ER, got pumped full of pain meds and dragged myself back to camp to spend the night and finish out friday. Needless to say Im not flying right now...get those things in the air and crush those records...lets see some movement on that board...and just a heads up....BEWARE THE DBS...he has something up his sleeve,lol...

lsteigerwalt said:
Well gang Im grounded for awhile. Took 80 of my fifth grade students to camp for 2 nights and 3 days last week. Thursday I fell and fractured 2 vertebra, broke a rib, and bruised a kidney. Went to the ER, got pumped full of pain meds and dragged myself back to camp to spend the night and finish out friday. Needless to say Im not flying right now...get those things in the air and crush those records...lets see some movement on that board...and just a heads up....BEWARE THE DBS...he has something up his sleeve,lol...

Aww crap... sorry to hear about your accident bro... just for inquiring minds... wouldn't mind hearing the story of what happened if you get the chance... hell... what else do you have to do right? You must be pretty laid out for awhile :|

I will be going for a long distance with this battery mod just for bragging rights and then immediately disqualify myself for cheating... doesn't seem too fair to start a challenge that "anybody" can compete in and then gain an unfair advantage by modding beyond the scope of what the "anybody" type pilot can put together off the shelf... yeah... just doesn't seem right :ugeek:

Take it easy and get back out when you can :D

The bird did a 9.8 mile run last evening @ 23u or 11 PM.
Here you can find it.

Wheat said:
With a max speed of that aircraft of 78.2 mph and a flight time on that flight of 27 minutes, I don't think that was P2V+.

Were do you see a 78.2mph ?
AVG speed is 21.13 with a max of 55.16mph.

So what would it be then according to you ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor