HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? _______________________ 9.80 Miles ???

Re: HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? _______________________ 8.29 Miles

If we are using KML date, then I'm 6.19 miles.

Saturday's coming boys.... time to light the fire and kick the tires. Or whatever we do to get our birds flying :p

-Stile

Stile2112 said:

Saturday's coming boys.... time to light the fire and kick the tires. Or whatever we do to get our birds flying :p

-Stile
+1 Get em in the air fellas :)

Love the spirit of competition in here... makes me feel like a kid again :D

709350.jpg

lsteigerwalt said:
Stile2112 said:

-Stile
+1 Get em in the air fellas :)

It's raining like a mofo with no end in sight..... :x

Sometimes it happens like that...gotta listen to them though or they may close the runway completely on ya....then where would ya be,lol...

Re: HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? - 8.49 miles

OK by the way it looks like now, I think I may have the record on my first try. My flytrex data says 8.5 miles but when I export it to a KML file for google earth it says 8.49. Flytrex must use a bit of rounding, but not too bad. I used a fairly new battery that I got from NukeRC. Yes it was not the DJI original brand. It says it has 5400 mah instead of the 5200 that DJI is labeled but I thought that was more the way they rate the battery vs how DJI rates the battery. I am not sure if that made any difference. My screen did say I had 0% left when I finished so I did push it pretty hard but I wanted to give it my best shot. Let me know what you think.
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... her-74942/

http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-wheat-craft-ryan-boucher-74942/

Attachments

• google earth max distance test 9-26-2014.JPG
    google earth max distance test 9-26-2014.JPG
    298.4 KB · Views: 473

WE HAVE A NEW LEADER!!! YOUR POST HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE LEADERBOARD SIR

Screenshot_2014-09-27-06-17-31_zpsh1m7bxoi.png

Keep in mind you may catch some flack from the other guys about using the nuke battery

But from what I've seen ... that battery offers no appreciable advantage here... it's just a 5200 with a 5400 label on it to help it sell... :ugeek:

Re: HOW FAR CAN YOU FLY ? _______________________ 8.49 Miles

I'm going to apologize in advance for skimming. I just can't read all these posts this morning (heading to a dragway event in a little while [data will be on Flytrex Live site]), but this question is screaming in my head:

FUEL ECONOMY: Is there yet a consensus on what speed yields the highest "MPG"? My WAG is that because energy is being used to fight gravity at all times, the faster the speed, the longer distance you can fly. And for that reason, ATTI gives you better results than GPS mode.

Am I right?

Wheat said:
OK by the way it looks like now, I think I may have the record on my first try. My flytrex data says 8.5 miles but when I export it to a KML file for google earth it says 8.49. Flytrex must use a bit of rounding, but not too bad. I used a fairly new battery that I got from NukeRC. Yes it was not the DJI original brand. It says it has 5400 mah instead of the 5200 that DJI is labeled but I thought that was more the way they rate the battery vs how DJI rates the battery. I am not sure if that made any difference. My screen did say I had 0% left when I finished so I did push it pretty hard but I wanted to give it my best shot. Let me know what you think.
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... her-74942/

http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-wheat-craft-ryan-boucher-74942/
Very nice run Wheat :) Welcome to the club...alright fellas we got some work to do. Wheat squeezed 21 minutes and 47s out of that thing...get them in the air... :lol:

lsteigerwalt said:
Very nice run Wheat :) Welcome to the club...alright fellas we got some work to do. Wheat squeezed 21 minutes and 47s out of that thing...get them in the air... :lol:

that 21 minutes is from the time he started the logger untill he turned off the logger... I'm sure that's not actual air time flying at those speeds...

So we still have a chance :twisted:

DBS said:
lsteigerwalt said:

that 21 minutes is from the time he started the logger untill he turned off the logger... I'm sure that's not actual air time flying at those speeds...

Good point...lets go get em boys!!!

BobUnplugged said:
I'm going to apologize in advance for skimming. I just can't read all these posts this morning (heading to a dragway event in a little while [data will be on Flytrex Live site]), but this question is screaming in my head:

FUEL ECONOMY: Is there yet a consensus on what speed yields the highest "MPG"? My WAG is that because energy is being used to fight gravity at all times, the faster the speed, the longer distance you can fly. And for that reason, ATTI gives you better results than GPS mode.

Am I right?

I'm checking using Dashware's charts the % of battery versus time, versus flight orientation, versus speed, versus altitude.
Once I figure out best way to fly I'll go for a test flight and break that record :twisted:
Hmm wondering if adding some winglets will improve things - can't recall any rules against that.

Luap said:
Hmm wondering if adding some winglets will improve things - can't recall any rules against that.

Just checked with record keeping... director says... "Nope... no rule on 'winglets' that i can find in the database" :ugeek:

DBS said:
lsteigerwalt said:

The video I had was over 20 minutes and i pressed record right before I took off. I was surprised to get that long. I was going to check to see how long of a flight I could get in just hover mode above the driveway.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl