Interesting places to fly near Millsboro,De??

Reaction score
I posted this ing the Phantom 4 Pro forum 2days ago, but got no replies. So reposting it here.
I would’ve moved it but couldn’t figure out how...

In July, going to be spending a week in Millsboro Delaware with the family. Never spent any time along the East Coast at all. I’m trying to determine if it’s worth bringing my phantom 4 pro as it is not the most compact drone to travel with.

The ZIP Code of the house we rented is 19966

Will be very close to the Indian River, and Rehobeth beach and of course anywhere in the surrounding area.

If anyone lives in the area and could give me some interesting locations to fly at sunrise or sunset in July, I’d appreciate it.

I want some pretty and less populated locations with views of either the bay or the ocean and of course legal place to launch as I’m sure some of the ocean locations are state parks…

Just looking at the map it seems like Rehobeth Bay could possibly have some cool spots to shoot for sunrise. But I don’t know how accessible that area is and if I want to get there before sunrise would have to be relatively easy to find for someone not familiar with the area.

I’m more interested in stills than video.

Thx in advance for any info

Really? Not a single person here lives in the area?

Much appreciated Greybush, I’ll do some research.

Much appreciated Greybush, I’ll do some research.
"
Its a little bit of a drive from Millsboro (30-45min) but
www.google.com

Bloodsworth Island · Maryland

★★★★★ · Island
www.google.com
www.google.com
is a place I have found very interesting. Check you NFZ
Other than that , google maps will show, you are surrounded by miles of shore line. Again check your NFZ.
Fly/photograph !"

Just curious Greybush- where would you propose launching from? The nearest point that I could drive to on the peninsula to the north is at least 1.5 miles to just get offshore of the island.
And its over 4 miles from the shore to the east of it. And neither getting me views towards sunrise without a great deal of distance farther.

Indian River Inlet. There are wind surfers, regular surfers, boats, fishers, swimmers, and traffic on the bridge.
Hey Tim, thanks. Looks promising. You have a spot that's decent to launch from - where we wouldn't be obtrusive? From the map there's lots of possibilities, but could save me some time if you know of a couple good spots.

Hey Tim, thanks. Looks promising. You have a spot that's decent to launch from - where we wouldn't be obtrusive? From the map there's lots of possibilities, but could save me some time if you know of a couple good spots.
The parking lots on either side of the inlet are perfect. All the people will be near the water and won’t notice you. The main problem there is wind. If you catch it on a calm day you’ll get some great boating video. If it’s windy you’ll get some great wind surfer videos.

Indian River Inlet. There are wind surfers, regular surfers, boats, fishers, swimmers, and traffic on the bridge.
Do the windsurfers do their thing in the bay- West of the bridge or on the ocean side?
The parking lots on either side of the inlet are perfect. All the people will be near the water and won’t notice you. The main problem there is wind. If you catch it on a calm day you’ll get some great boating video. If it’s windy you’ll get some great wind surfer videos.
I was getting excited about this location. Thinking of launching from that boat marina on the north side of the inlet- but then see most of this area is Delaware Seashore State Park. Won't that be a No Fly zone as a state park?
interesting enough I checked the FAA Arctis map, all clear, and DJI's Flysafe, also good, but those may not reflect the No Drones in State/Narional Park rules.
Unless Delaware is OK with it.
I take it you have flown there without problem?

Do the windsurfers do their thing in the bay- West of the bridge or on the ocean side?

I was getting excited about this location. Thinking of launching from that boat marina on the north side of the inlet- but then see most of this area is Delaware Seashore State Park. Won't that be a No Fly zone as a state park?
interesting enough I checked the FAA Arctis map, all clear, and DJI's Flysafe, also good, but those may not reflect the No Drones in State/Narional Park rules.
Unless Delaware is OK with it.
I take it you have flown there without problem?
I actually have not flown there. I used to take GoPro video of my son and nephews surfing there four years ago before I moved to Florida. I didn't realize Delaware was so restrictive on drone use. The wind surfers do go on the both the bay and sea shores. I guess you'll have to get out of the park boundary to fly the drone. There's plenty of places where you can.

Appreciated. I’m sure there’s lots of interesting places to shoot. Just trying to cut down scouting time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen