How do YOU fly?

Reaction score
Newbie here, with very few bad habits already.
How do YOU fly?
Thumbs on the sticks
or
Pointer and thumb on the sticks?
Why?
Thanks to all in advance!

Thumbs on the sticks
or
Pointer and thumb on the sticks?
User preference. I use both at times. But primarily Thumb and index. Gives me personally smoother control, but it will work the same either way. Just depends on your own dexterity.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Thumbs only... how else would you be able to take photos and video at the same time.
You can't take Video's and Photo's simultaneously anyway. It takes time to change the settings between both for the exposures you want.

I did not phrase that very well. I meant flying and taking either photos or video while flying.
It's fine, knew what you meant in the first place actually. Still it is really user preference, as to how they fly. I am old school. Even with Atari's, Sega Genesis.....etc..etc....I still used the same with the Joysticks. Just what you are used to I suppose. And what works best for your flying style.

Thumbs and sides of them if yawing and I fly like I stole it .
I use these on all my TX's on the sticks. Just like em.
IMG_9267.jpg

That is very very cool! What are the 3 gold binding posts?
If you mean with the blue cables then just the connecters
to the itelite panels.. And thanks.

I don't have the thumbs dexterity of the youth of today! I pinch the RC Control Sticks using my thumbs and index fingers!

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
I use my thumbs for the joysticks and front buttons, index fingers for the top controls and buttons and middle fingers for the fn buttons. I can access the controls without re arranging my grip on the RC and looking at the controls. It is like your fingers on a typewriter.

I use my thumbs for the joysticks and front buttons, index fingers for the top controls and buttons and middle fingers for the fn buttons. I can access the controls without re arranging my grip on the RC and looking at the controls. It is like your fingers on a typewriter.
I am exactly the same!

I have to use thumb and forefinger or percision as I sometimes get terrible thumb twitch. Anyone else?

Thumbs only... how else would you be able to take photos and video at the same time.
Agreed. I 'm always taking video or stills, aiming the camera, changing the exposure. Thumbs only. I see where the thumb/index combination might allow some smoother control, but I don't have that luxury :)

forget thumb positions, just don't fly in speed mode. P4 was not manufactured for speed.

Yip thumbs and fingers and sometimes if holding a beer I use my feet, try that one,,must be related still to that chimpanzee , @Dondi58 what speed got to do with thumbs,(sport mode),no p4 not a racer but it can sure move, and other hand can be delicate very smooth and stable, I fly hard and put it paces,it just loves it :)

Actually you can take both with the P4Pro.....
I've noticed the same on mine BarryM. But of course the video does "kinda" pause, "sorta"? Main thing I notice when taking a snapshot while video is recording is that though I have both set to RAW format, the stills taken when video is happening are in JPG format......(Which I consider way less than desireable)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers