How difficult is it to replace Phantom landing gear?

Reaction score
I ask because I'll be using my P4P for the riskier shots, and the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 for the less risky shots, and I therefore am assuming sooner or later I'll likely take out the landing gear on the P4P, and would like to be able to do my own repairs, unless Care Refresh is the better option at that point. Also, I'd like to know how difficult replacing the gimbal ribbon wire is, as I'll likely take that out again sooner or later. I'm working on improving my piloting skills to avoid more crashes in the future, but that too, can be a risky affair, even without flying in a reckless manner. Thank you in advance.

Here's a video showing what's involved:

Reactions: Ripper7620
Also, am I correct in understanding that DJI moved to a single ribbon wire, as opposed to a ribbon and squeeze connector in the Phantom 4 Pro gimbal assembly connection to the main board underneath? That would make things slightly more straight forward from my point of view.

I have done a replaced a ribbon cable on a p4 camera and also done a complete shell replacement. Items you will need to do your own repairs...parts, right tools, good lighting and lots of patience. You just learn as you go

I have done a replaced a ribbon cable on a p4 camera and also done a complete shell replacement. Items you will need to do your own repairs...parts, right tools, good lighting and lots of patience. You just learn as you go
Thank you for the reply, I think for a frequent flyer to learn to do their own repairs is invaluable, and gives you a greater sense of confidence to fly more boldly.

If you take out the landing gear there's a good chance of also taking out the gimbal.. Might be worth fitting a protector but you may have to work around the issues with the sensors the protector can cause. If you come down hard of course then no protector will help.

If you take out the landing gear there's a good chance of also taking out the gimbal.. Might be worth fitting a protector but you may have to work around the issues with the sensors the protector can cause. If you come down hard of course then no protector will help.
Thank you for the reply, and indeed, I found this out the hard way.

I have a P4P with cracked landing gear. No hard landings in fact very few landings since I mostly hand caught (which I understand may have exacerbated the problem). I used some UV activated plastic weld and am monitoring it, but I purchased new landing gear. I'd rather not go there but I will if I have to and this video should help so thanks for posting msinger .

So Ripper7620 how hard is it to replace the landing gear? well depends on your skill level first you have to remove the camera from the drone (pretty straight forward) then you have to open the shell (challenging for a novice) but you just have to take your time, once done remove the antenna wires and undo skid screws and your done. Now you grab your new skids and just do everything in reverse order (looks easy..no bit fiddly and watch out you don't pinch any wires when reassemble everything trust me)..challenging and fun thats what I call it. lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl