!?! How come no one else is talking about this 3:2 Vignetting Problem on the P4P?

Hi guys. My first post here!

Curiously, 2 years ago or so I have discovered the same type of problems with a Samsung NX Mini camera with standard 9mm lens (equally a 1 inch sensor size camera, with the same resolution of 5472x3648 pixels and a Focal Length equiv. to a 24mm!).
I have discovered then that, when opening the RAW files with Adobe Lightroom (LR5, at the time), the images looked great (very sharp, good dynamic range, noise free). But when developing the RAW files without using softwares that use Adobe Camera Raw Converter (used then the Raw Therapee too) the resulting images presented more field of view (when compared to the LR developed image or a straight from the camera JPEG), some image deformation was present (slightly "fisheye" effect) and some vignette in the corners was visible too!
Apparently these small sensor cameras have a lot of firmware processing (when shooting JPEG) to correct aberrations and have some type of partnership with Adobe to do that in post prod using LR and PS! At least Samsung at the time offered with the cameras a free version of Adobe Lightroom 5, a thing that DJI should do too!

In the following images some examples of vignette and wide angle distortion when opening the same RAW files from my P4P+ with Affinity Photo, Rawtherapee and Lightroom CS6 (all with "default" settings only, images resized after for better loading here):
View attachment 72197
RAW processed with Affinity Photo

View attachment 72198
RAW processed with RAW Therapee

View attachment 72199
RAW processed with Adobe Lightroom CS6 (curvature and vignette corrected, but with an heavy cropped area and marginal interpolation of pixels!).

Cheers

Luís Bravo Pereira
That F bomb though. :D

Interesting: here it is the reason why Lightroom CS6 automatically corrects almost every optical aberrations!
2017-01-04_021043.jpg

It is not necessary to check "Enable Profile correction", because LR CS6 it's already correcting distortion and vignetting based on the embedded (built in) profile! Even like that, we should activate the chromatic aberration correction (first pane on "Lens corrections").

Hard to tell here, since you can't see a before/after of the embedded profile. However, when I used my lens profile, it appeared to provide additional barrel distortion as well as vignette correction. Not being able to see the uncorrected image makes it hard to confirm this, but I am going to stick with my profile just in case.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj