How can i find my drone?

Reaction score
When i was flying over the city yesterday i lost gps and rc
I could not do anything and do not know what happened. i lost the drone.
Does anyone know what happened with the drone when i lose the gps and rc ?
He hovered and landed after that she lost RC to ?
I have the flyght record and the last video and picures.
Please help me!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-12-03_[12-35-10].txt
    2.6 MB · Views: 476
When the signal is lost, the drone should either hover or go back to the home point depending on the settings in the dji go app.

I dont quite understand how it has landed since if the battery goes down under 10% it returns home no matter where it is.

Sent from my D2303 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don t know if the drone hovered or fly Away when she lost the rc.
She doesn t return to Home because she Lost the GPS Signal first and after a few seconds she Lost the rc signal to.

My question is : what happened when i Lost the total control Over the drone (GPS and RC), because she never return to home and the battery was 70% in that moment.

I uploaded the flight record

Can you upload the last pics? upload the video to you tube? Sometimes that can help identify surrounding objects that could be involved with the location of the drone.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• IMG_8575.jpg
    IMG_8575.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 551
Start looking around that red tiled building and behind it.and on roofs.

Was Loss of signal set to: RTH or hover?

Assuming no stick input after losing video feed, and Loss of signal was set to hover, I'd start looking in a trajectory below the last known image seen.

Reactions: umbrellacristian
I dont quite understand how it has landed since if the battery goes down under 10% it returns home no matter where it is.
This is incorrect. 10% is critical battery. Unless it's changed in the settings, a critical battery will trigger an autoland, not RTH.

Reactions: Neon Euc
This is incorrect. 10% is critical battery. Unless it's changed in the settings, a critical battery will trigger an autoland, not RTH.

Can you set 10% critical battery level to rth? Or will it always just land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you set 10% critical battery level to rth? Or will it always just land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to the manual, no. You DO have some control as far as lateral movement to assist you in finding a safe landing area. It seems like I used to see an option to change the critical battery level but I can't find it in the settings at the moment. I may need to be connected to the AC, which I currently am not. In addition, I rarely use DJI Go anymore anyway so I've lost familiarity with it. I primarily fly with Litchi and only use Go to change an occasional setting.

Sorry to hear of your loss.
Hope you find it.
I also hope it did land safely and not damage any property or worse
Seriously injure anyone.
If you had not been flying over the city you would of had a far bigger chance of finding the craft.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: umbrellacristian
And Using Litchi and healthy drones might show you where it is. In fact if you get a healthy drones account it may be able to pinpoint the drone.

Another possibility is that the drone has gotten into an electromagnetic field. I am not quite sure what happens then but losing control might have to do with that...

Sent from my D2303 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I looked at the flight record and video. Here's what I see and my take on it.

0 - 5:26 All was well. You went straight up from the parking lot
5:26 Link lost for 6 seconds & Auto Land initiated. Altitude decreases from 979' My guess is that since it was overhead, you kept the R/C level. When flying high directly over, pull back so that the antenna are more horizontal..
6:27 Auto Land cancelled. Altitude is low/mid 500ish feet
6:62 Altitude starts decreasing from 543'
7:15 GPS lost - Atti Mode - 239' high, Altitudes lowers to 200' then starts steady rise. No change of horizontal position from Home.
8:09 Log ends with bird at 468 ft.

It's odd that you went from 19 to 0 satellites. You had both USA GPS and Russia GLOSASS signals as AFIAK it's not possible to have that many birds of only one type. You may be able to convince DJI to replace the P4 saying the GPS failed totally in flight.

Video:
:00 Starting AutoLand?
:17 Video freeze.
:22 P4 is straight above Home launch point of hotel parking lot
:23 GPS lost ???, hiccup in video ( Atti Mode???)
:24 You fly over the Ramada hotel (Atti Mode ??)
:35 Look to the top left. See the smoke direction from the smoke stack. That's the wind direction and your drift. East and a bit South is my read.
:47 You yaw to the left, over shoot the Hotel by about 90 deg. You're drifting downwind East, slightly South
:49 You are trying to control it back to you (Atti Mode?)
:54 Video feed lost
1:04 Video recovered. Same apparent altitude as at :54, Drifting downwind.
1:08 Video lost. Most likely blocked by the Hotel.

Presuming it did an AutoLand my guess is to look east of the KFC (65C & E79) up to 500M and maybe a tad north and then a lot south by the 65. But .. by now someone has found it or it's in a spot where no one can see it or some one's back yard where they eventually will find it. Maybe post some flyers?

I looked at the flight record and video. Here's what I see and my take on it.

0 - 5:26 All was well. You went straight up from the parking lot
5:26 Link lost for 6 seconds & Auto Land initiated. Altitude decreases from 979' My guess is that since it was overhead, you kept the R/C level. When flying high directly over, pull back so that the antenna are more horizontal..
6:27 Auto Land cancelled. Altitude is low/mid 500ish feet
6:62 Altitude starts decreasing from 543'
7:15 GPS lost - Atti Mode - 239' high, Altitudes lowers to 200' then starts steady rise. No change of horizontal position from Home.
8:09 Log ends with bird at 468 ft.

It's odd that you went from 19 to 0 satellites. You had both USA GPS and Russia GLOSASS signals as AFIAK it's not possible to have that many birds of only one type. You may be able to convince DJI to replace the P4 saying the GPS failed totally in flight.

Video:
:00 Starting AutoLand?
:17 Video freeze.
:22 P4 is straight above Home launch point of hotel parking lot
:23 GPS lost ???, hiccup in video ( Atti Mode???)
:24 You fly over the Ramada hotel (Atti Mode ??)
:35 Look to the top left. See the smoke direction from the smoke stack. That's the wind direction and your drift. East and a bit South is my read.
:47 You yaw to the left, over shoot the Hotel by about 90 deg. You're drifting downwind East, slightly South
:49 You are trying to control it back to you (Atti Mode?)
:54 Video feed lost
1:04 Video recovered. Same apparent altitude as at :54, Drifting downwind.
1:08 Video lost. Most likely blocked by the Hotel.

Presuming it did an AutoLand my guess is to look east of the KFC (65C & E79) up to 500M and maybe a tad north and then a lot south by the 65. But .. by now someone has found it or it's in a spot where no one can see it or some one's back yard where they eventually will find it. Maybe post some flyers?
Thanks for the answer!
I Spoked to DJI and they told me that will replace the drone afterall. I send the remote and i wait another p4.
IT was not My fault!

That's my nightmare,. I just cannot fly over built up areas, although its never happened to my P3A, the thought of loosing her over a built up area, well, I couldn't sleep nights waiting for that phone call- "Did you loose a drone over such & such city".
I do hope you find your bird, in one piece.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31