Home point not recorded.

Reaction score
I'm not sure when this started to happen. It used to automatically say "home point recorded" when I started everything up. Now, it doesn't. I go to record the home point in the settings, and I just get the warning that it's not recorded. I read online that it does still record it. My iPad is wifi only, but still, before it would work. It should at least work when I record the bird's position. Is this because of an iOS update? What's going on here. It doesn't give me the warm fuzzies when it says it's not recorded.

I'm not sure when this started to happen. It used to automatically say "home point recorded" when I started everything up. Now, it doesn't. I go to record the home point in the settings, and I just get the warning that it's not recorded. I read online that it does still record it. My iPad is wifi only, but still, before it would work. It should at least work when I record the bird's position. Is this because of an iOS update? What's going on here. It doesn't give me the warm fuzzies when it says it's not recorded.
Have you tryed compass calibration, might wake it up ,:)

It used to automatically say "home point recorded" when I started everything up. Now, it doesn't.
The voice from the app is intermittent for some. Several have reported here that sometimes they hear the voice, sometimes they don't, and sometimes they hear it partially.

My iPad is wifi only, but still, before it would work. It should at least work when I record the bird's position.
If using a "wifi only" iPad with no GPS (internal or external), you could never reset your the home point to your RC so you would always get a result that it was not recorded.
As you noted, the only possible reset you could do would be to reset the AC to it's current location.

Reactions: JoBe
I go to record the home point in the settings, and I just get the warning that it's not recorded.
What happens when you try resetting the home point like this?

SetHomePoint.jpg

Reactions: JoBe
I have no vocal for home point recorded, stopped a couple weeks ago, but,. I do see my home point is set & I;ve tested this by, hitting RTH. I still get vocals for altitude, distance etc, just no home point, odd eh.

Mine stopped working after the last update, maps were messed up bad too, rolled back to previous rev and all was working again.

My voice prompt has stopped about a month ago, but it still shows up in GO that home point has been recorded.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31