High Speed P3P

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I usually try to have better music on my videos, but I have heard worse. I got lucky on this flight with the tailwind as it was the strongest I had during the hour I was attempting to improve on my personal best with the P3P.

I'm guessing you live in that great looking place. Really nice and awesome gauges too. Where can you get those? The Dashware site doesn't have any to download. Is there a website or do you have to make your own? Almost as fast as a P4. Nice job.

Well done !
Stock P3 or some tuning like high pitch propeller ?

I'm guessing you live in that great looking place. Really nice and awesome gauges too. Where can you get those? The Dashware site doesn't have any to download. Is there a website or do you have to make your own? Almost as fast as a P4. Nice job.
You never have enough gauges. Most of what I have were either accumulated over time, remastered.

There use to be different sites had something going on with gauges, but currently there is none that I know of. The general way it worked for gauges was, there were the free gauges and some with a price. You then had those that knew how to make them which they traded back & forth. If you took the time and effort to make gauges, you likely found your way into the group. Otherwise you were stuck with only accessing the free gauges.

I didn't know the 1st thing about making a gauge. So what I did is take someone else gauge and work backwards with it. I 1st started out by just changing the colors somewhere in the gauge or maybe the font size or style around from what it was originally setup with. After that it just lead to doing other parts with in the way it works.

Btw, I began learning how to make a gauge after the 1st time I asked someone for gauge and got ignored. I could see then that people didn't like giving away all their time & effort. Had that not happened I know I would still be asking all the time rather then sharing or trading.

Well done !
Stock P3 or some tuning like high pitch propeller ?
It's a Stock P3 throughout. The only true way to make the P3 faster would be with having the ability to adjust flight pitch of the aircraft. Currently, the faster it travels, the less flight pitch it has.

Reactions: Reed L
I'm impressed, own a P3P as well but till now haven't had the courage to perform such a speed test.

Wonder whether you would bring down the bird in ascending speed test using thermal winds.

I have tried that with descending but the propulsion system reduced flight pitch in the process. The result was a slower speed.

Reactions: Vichian-Bruno
Now that is too frikin cool! What a great tool!!

Had no idea you could overlay the dataset onto the video like that.
How do you manage to sync up the video/data streams so well?

If that wasn't your personal best speed what is it?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I usually try to have better music on my videos, but I have heard worse. I got lucky on this flight with the tailwind as it was the strongest I had during the hour I was attempting to improve on my personal best with the P3P.

Very nice! I liked everything about except it is 10mph over my best. You must have had about 30mph tailwind up there. I was surprised you didn't lose more than 1 foot in elevation. I once did a low level run and if not for a quick response on the up it would have been in the brush.
Good job.

Great work. Thank you for sharing.

What do the (3) batteries avatars represent in the upper left corner?

You never have enough gauges. Most of what I have were either accumulated over time, remastered.

There use to be different sites had something going on with gauges, but currently there is none that I know of. The general way it worked for gauges was, there were the free gauges and some with a price. You then had those that knew how to make them which they traded back & forth. If you took the time and effort to make gauges, you likely found your way into the group. Otherwise you were stuck with only accessing the free gauges.

I didn't know the 1st thing about making a gauge. So what I did is take someone else gauge and work backwards with it. I 1st started out by just changing the colors somewhere in the gauge or maybe the font size or style around from what it was originally setup with. After that it just lead to doing other parts with in the way it works.

Btw, I began learning how to make a gauge after the 1st time I asked someone for gauge and got ignored. I could see then that people didn't like giving away all their time & effort. Had that not happened I know I would still be asking all the time rather then sharing or trading.

It's a Stock P3 throughout. The only true way to make the P3 faster would be with having the ability to adjust flight pitch of the aircraft. Currently, the faster it travels, the less flight pitch it has.

Interesting. Yes, I understand about the not wanting to give away their hard earned gauges. I have worked with some of the existing free guages and it is time consuming just to change the fonts, colors etc. I haven't worked with any of the inner workings that will make them work yet. Maybe another day soon. Thanks.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Now that is too frikin cool! What a great tool!!

Had no idea you could overlay the dataset onto the video like that.
How do you manage to sync up the video/data streams so well?

If that wasn't your personal best speed what is it?
My best is around 79mph with a P2V+.

Very nice! I liked everything about except it is 10mph over my best. You must have had about 30mph tailwind up there. I was surprised you didn't lose more than 1 foot in elevation. I once did a low level run and if not for a quick response on the up it would have been in the brush.
Good job.
You have to be referring to flying with a P2V. That aircraft is actually more fun to obtain fast flights. When Flying full throttle in atti mode the P2V does lose altitude, which is where some of the faster speed comes from. The P3 actually does a great job a maintaining the altitude, and that sux for high speed flights.

Great work. Thank you for sharing.

What do the (3) batteries avatars represent in the upper left corner?
I'm glad you asked because there is noway to know without being labeled in anyway.
-The top battery shows the remaining charge percentage.
-The Middle battery displays the percentage of volts above 12v. At 0% the aircraft shuts off.
-The bottom battery total remaining volts.

Interesting. Yes, I understand about the not wanting to give away their hard earned gauges. I have worked with some of the existing free guages and it is time consuming just to change the fonts, colors etc. I haven't worked with any of the inner workings that will make them work yet. Maybe another day soon. Thanks.
I learned to do parts of dashware during the cold weather months. You're right as it takes a good deal of time.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31