Help with cables coming from Phantom

Reaction score
Hi all,
I apparently descended too fast and my Phantom began to wobble then flipped over and crashed. Luckily, gimbal and camera are intact and seem to be ok. Problem is the small 4 pin adapter came out of its housing and are now 4 wires(they still have the connectors on the end). I tried to plug them back into the housing but the housing is busted. Long story short, new cable pack from DJI is on its way. How difficult is this repair? Should I try to just pull wires out of the new housing and reattach the old wires to the new housing?? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 401
Hi all,
I apparently descended too fast and my Phantom began to wobble then flipped over and crashed. Luckily, gimbal and camera are intact and seem to be ok. Problem is the small 4 pin adapter came out of its housing and are now 4 wires(they still have the connectors on the end). I tried to plug them back into the housing but the housing is busted. Long story short, new cable pack from DJI is on its way. How difficult is this repair? Should I try to just pull wires out of the new housing and reattach the old wires to the new housing?? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

A photo would help to determine if it can be repaired

You may have to send that in to DJI for repairs and there no telling if the camera even works.

Funny, when I crashed my first Phantom the same exact cable got damaged the way yours did. I was able to prop the wires back into the connector, hot glue it in place, and then pug it back in and had not issues after that.

Funny, when I crashed my first Phantom the same exact cable got damaged the way yours did. I was able to prop the wires back into the connector, hot glue it in place, and then pug it back in and had not issues after that.
Good idea. I was wondering if I could just solder the wires back into the connector.

Good idea. I was wondering if I could just solder the wires back into the connector.

Yeah there's no real way of soldering it in place due to the fact that its a very thin plastic, By just placing the wires back in the connector, and hot gluing it together, in ensures that even in the next crash it shouldn't come loose.

I actually had a Second horrible accident when my battery failed, the entire gimble came off and ALL cables broke except for the hot glued one, that was the only thing that kept the gimble attached to the drone!!

I have since sent it back and was sent a brand new drone from Amazon at no charge to me!

Reactions: Gvegas11
had the same issue, tumbled down thru an icy tree in december.
that same wire pulled out, although my connector pulled out with
the wires in tact, but the connector was damaged and would not
stay connected so i ordered the cable kit. my kit was very early in
the V3 timeframe and i believe they have changed the kit since i got mine,
but the 4 wire portion in my kit had to be separated from the large ribbon cable.
that was the easy part. feeding the wire up into the phantom, and it's holder
behind the battery was the worst part. took 2 of us a couple of hours, but
it is doable. we made a mistake plugging a wire into the naza and had a
couple backflips after, but once we sorted that out i have been flying with
no issues since the repair. (what i could in winter)
here's my thread with video of my crash:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/first-incident.31338/

You can totally fix that. First remove the plastic plug housing from the gimbal base. You need to squeeze the tab while lifting it. (Tweezers may help.)

Then just push the pins back into the housing. The little tab on the back of the pins should be toward the side of the connector with the holes.
Be sure that you put the outer-most wire into the back-most hole of the housing, and then proceed from there.

The little tab on the back of the pins should engage with the housing to prevent the pin from popping out again.
If the housing is damaged, you might need a little glue on the side to help keep the pins in place.

You can purchase this cable in the phantom 2 non vision part 3. Cut and solder and make the cable longer so it has some slack from hard landings.

The p2 non vision also has this same cable taped to its belly for fpv. Most hobby stores dont use this cable and throw it out. See if they have some lying around. It should be the multicolour cable.

You can totally fix that. First remove the plastic plug housing from the gimbal base. You need to squeeze the tab while lifting it. (Tweezers may help.)

Then just push the pins back into the housing. The little tab on the back of the pins should be toward the side of the connector with the holes.
Be sure that you put the outer-most wire into the back-most hole of the housing, and then proceed from there.

The little tab on the back of the pins should engage with the housing to prevent the pin from popping out again.
If the housing is damaged, you might need a little glue on the side to help keep the pins in place.
This is exactly what I did last night. The corner on the housing was broken but a little glue took care of that. Once dry, I used tweezers to slide the connectors back into the housing. Took all of 20-30 minutes. Thanks for the advice!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic